Skip to main content

Monthly Recap: September 2016

Number of Books Read
I read 22 books (including four re-reads but not including my one DNF) in September! 
Avoiding Commitment (Avoiding #1) by K.A. Linde
The City Wants You Alone (Girl, #3)
Dream School (Girl, #2)
The Candidate (Newsmakers #2)
Kitchens of the Great Midwest
Vegas Girls
One Was Lost
Only Daughter
Girl (Girl, #1)
She's My Kind of Girl (Something New #4.5)
Merry Cowboy Christmas (Lucky Penny Ranch, #3)
Strange Things Done
The Other Side of the World
The Confectioner's Tale
It Looks Like This
Don't I Know You?
Fitzwilliam Darcy, Rock Star
A Song to Take the World Apart
Recipe for Love
Dear Mr M
Off the Record (Record, #1)
You Will Know Me


Shadow Woman by Linda Howard













































Re-Reads!
Avoiding Commitment (Avoiding #1) by K.A. Linde
Shadow Woman by Linda Howard
Off the Record (Record #1) by K.A. Linde
Girl (Girl #1) by Blake Nelson











Highest rating
Not including re-reads, these were all 4 STARs!!
You Will Know Me by Megan AbbottKitchens of the Great Midwest by J. Ryan StradalDream School (Girl #2) by Blake Nelson
Lowest rating
Only one DNF, which is serious progress after last month!
The Other Side of the World by Stephanie Bishop
Best read of the month
Girl (Girl #1) by Blake Nelson
Book which surprised me the most
This was so good!
Kitchens of the Great Midwest
Fictional crush of the month
Todd Sparrow!
Girl (Girl #1) by Blake Nelson
Three books I’m looking forward to reading next month
Tell the Truth, Shame the Devil by Melina Marchetta         The Oslo Conspiracy by Asle Skredderberget        Winter Storms (Winter #3) by Elin Hilderbrand
Monthly Recap
Reviews
Meme/Giveaways
    How was your September? 
    ICYMI: My birthday giveaway is still going strong!
    Link up with your highlights, monthly recaps or favorites below!

    Comments

    1. Woah, great work reading 22 books, that is an amazing achievement! I actually haven't heard of most of these books, but it sounds like you enjoyed them! Have a great October!

      Jeann @ Happy Indulgence

      ReplyDelete
    2. The Oslo Conspiracy sounds really good! I'll have to check it out. And wow 22 books! I have only read 20 books in a month and that was back in April. I doubt I'll ever go above that number. I hope October treats you just as good so you can keep reading :)
      Genesis @ Latte Nights Reviews

      ReplyDelete
    3. As always, I am in awe of the number of books you manage to read each month. Reading is your superpower! Teach me your way, O Wise One. :) Kitchens of the Great Midwest sounds so interesting. Anytime food is a focus in a book... yeah, that's always a good thing. I've read Girl by Blake Nelson but sadly remember nothing about it . According to GoodReads I read it in 2002 so it's been a while.

      ReplyDelete
    4. You are definitely a reading machine! :D Have a good one!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Wow you read so many books that is amazing. I hope October is a great reading month for you too!

      ReplyDelete
    6. Wow, 22 books, and 4 rereads, that’s a lot! I haven’t heard about the Girl before. Do you plan to write review? I need to look at it.

      ReplyDelete
    7. Wow, you read a ton this past month! That's great. I hope to read more this month. September was a bit busy with vacation and a new job, so I didn't get TONS read.

      -Lauren
      www.shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    8. Wow 22 books!!! I have had Kitchens of the Great Midwest on my TBR since it came out. I will so bump it up now!!

      ReplyDelete
    9. Oh gosh! SO many books, you did AWESOME!:) Have a great October!

      ReplyDelete
    10. Thats amazing you were able to read so much including re-reads which i never do. Hope October is as Great!
      Tori @ In Tori Lex

      ReplyDelete

    Post a Comment

    Popular posts from this blog

    I love this trope, sub-genre, setting: My Best Friend's Brother/My Brother's Best Friend

    I Love This Trope, Sub-Genre, Setting is a new feature on my blog in which I discuss a trope, sub-genre or setting that I love and tell you about books that are shining examples of said trope, sub-genre or setting.  Feel free to play along and please let me know about your favorite books in this realm and whether you like this trope, sub-genre and/or setting as much as I do! Today I am spotlighting the trope of:  My Best Friend's Brother/My Brother's Best Friend , which I would define as any book where the heroine either has a crush on or falls for her brother's best friend or her best friend's brother. I have to confess that I love this trope in nearly all of its iterations!  I have a younger brother so I never got to crush on any of his friends but it's fun reading about that and it's equally as fun as reading about falling for your best friend's brother -- instant sisters!  I know there are a ton

    Conversations With Myself (& Hopefully You): ARC Greed

    This discussion is inspired by my feelings lately when reading and reviewing ARCs versus the feelings I had when I requested those same ARCs: ARC GREED ARC greed -- have we all experienced this?  What I even mean by this term is that I sometimes feel overwhelmed when looking at Netgalley and Edelweiss and  I sometimes over-request, if only because I can!  I get greedy when I see all the new and shiny ARCs available and I will sometimes request things that have even a hint of interest for me, not necessarily focusing only on those books that I really, really want.  The problem with this over-requesting and with getting greedy with requesting (and receiving) ARCs is when it comes time to read and review these ARCs.  Last month and this month, I have looked at my ARCs with a release date in each respective month and I just haven't wanted to read any of them.  I need to start asking myself -- If I was immediately approved for this ARC, would I read it right thi

    Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases For the Rest of 2015

    Top Ten Tuesday  is hosted by the fab ladies at  The Broke and the Bookish ! What books are you anticipating for the rest of this year?