Skip to main content

Monday Musts: Labor Day Edition


Monday Musts is a weekly event, started and hosted by Jessica @ Lovin' Los Libros, which asks you to highlight your must read, must listen and must see!

MUST READ!
Politically Incorrect by Jeanne McDonald



From Goodreads:
Sex. Lies. Greed. Power. Scandal. Politics.

Political strategist, Elizabeth McNeal has been called a lot of things throughout her career—bitch being at the top of the list—but she doesn’t let it get to her. She’s bold, she’s blunt, and she takes orders from no one. This is how she’s survived working in a man’s world. She’s the master of diversion, and her specialty is winning an election—no matter the cost. 

That is, until she meets her new client, Democratic candidate, Congressman William Baxter. Kind, considerate, insanely handsome, honest, and ten years her junior, he’s a unicorn among politicians. He infuriates her. He challenges her. Most of all, he makes her see past the scandalous world of politics and helps her to discover the heart of the woman inside her. 

With sparks flying between them and the election rapidly approaching, the last thing either of them need is to be caught in a compromising position. Some lines are meant to be crossed and some rules broken, but for Elizabeth and Liam is it worth the cost of being politically incorrect? 
I can't remember who I saw reading this on GR (maybe Kim?) but you all know I LOVE political romance and I immediately snatched this one up once I saw it on GR.  I read it one sitting on the plane home from NY and it's definitely a new favorite in this sub-genre!


MUST LISTEN!


Rich Robinson - Everything's Alright


Our last gasp of summer was traveling to Woodstock to see three days of RR's live studio recording. Dream trip!
I can feel 
your heavenly body 
draw closer to mine
MUST SEE!
This space is dedicated to my favorite book blog posts every week since I don't do weekly recaps (I don't have the patience) and there are always posts that I LOVE!  I am, once again, several weeks behind because I've been on vacation but here are my August links:
What are your Monday Musts??

Comments

  1. Oh I haven't read a book which features a political romance for the longest time, and this book sounds exactly like something that I would enjoy, I'm curious to see how Elizabeth and Liam keep things under wraps! Thanks for putting this book on my radar! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally added the book to my TBR :) Thanks for sharing my post ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't heard of this one before but it sounds like a very hot and interesting read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore your lists! Such great bloggers and posts I wouldn't normally find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never been particularly drawn to political romance but this one does look really good. And thanks for sharing my Freebie Friday giveaway! So sweet of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOoo, some really great posts here to read. And Politically Incorrect sounds very timely... he's a "unicorn" (tee, hee... that makes me giggle, no clue why) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for featuring me, and including that great Giveaway!! Tori @ In Tori Lex

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo Politically Incorrect sound intriguing and thanks for the mention! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I love this trope, sub-genre, setting: My Best Friend's Brother/My Brother's Best Friend

I Love This Trope, Sub-Genre, Setting is a new feature on my blog in which I discuss a trope, sub-genre or setting that I love and tell you about books that are shining examples of said trope, sub-genre or setting.  Feel free to play along and please let me know about your favorite books in this realm and whether you like this trope, sub-genre and/or setting as much as I do! Today I am spotlighting the trope of:  My Best Friend's Brother/My Brother's Best Friend , which I would define as any book where the heroine either has a crush on or falls for her brother's best friend or her best friend's brother. I have to confess that I love this trope in nearly all of its iterations!  I have a younger brother so I never got to crush on any of his friends but it's fun reading about that and it's equally as fun as reading about falling for your best friend's brother -- instant sisters!  I know there are a ton

Conversations With Myself (& Hopefully You): ARC Greed

This discussion is inspired by my feelings lately when reading and reviewing ARCs versus the feelings I had when I requested those same ARCs: ARC GREED ARC greed -- have we all experienced this?  What I even mean by this term is that I sometimes feel overwhelmed when looking at Netgalley and Edelweiss and  I sometimes over-request, if only because I can!  I get greedy when I see all the new and shiny ARCs available and I will sometimes request things that have even a hint of interest for me, not necessarily focusing only on those books that I really, really want.  The problem with this over-requesting and with getting greedy with requesting (and receiving) ARCs is when it comes time to read and review these ARCs.  Last month and this month, I have looked at my ARCs with a release date in each respective month and I just haven't wanted to read any of them.  I need to start asking myself -- If I was immediately approved for this ARC, would I read it right thi

Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases For the Rest of 2015

Top Ten Tuesday  is hosted by the fab ladies at  The Broke and the Bookish ! What books are you anticipating for the rest of this year?