Skip to main content

Waiting on Wednesday: Celine by Peter Heller

 "Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that you are eagerly anticipating.

Today, I am waiting on:  
Celine by Peter Heller



From Edelweiss:
From the best-selling author of The Dog Stars and The Painter, a luminous, masterful novel of suspense—the story of Celine, an elegant, aristocratic private eye who specializes in reuniting families, trying to make amends for a loss in her own past.

Working out of her jewel box of an apartment at the base of the Brooklyn Bridge, Celine has made a career of tracking down missing persons, and she has a better record at it than the FBI. But when a young woman, Gabriela, asks for her help, a world of mystery and sorrow opens up. Gabriela’s father was a photographer who went missing on the border of Montana and Wyoming. He was assumed to have died from a grizzly mauling, but his body was never found. Now, as Celine and her partner head to Yellowstone National Park, investigating a trail gone cold, it becomes clear that they are being followed—that this is a case someone desperately wants to keep closed. Combining the exquisite plotting and gorgeous evocation of nature that have become his hallmark, with a wildly engrossing story of family, privilege, and childhood loss, Peter Heller gives us his finest work to date.
Love the sound of this between the setting, the mystery and this author! Celine is scheduled to be released on March 7, 2017, and this one sounds great!

What books are you waiting on this Wednesday??


Comments

  1. This looks like a good suspense. Reading the blurb gave me chills.

    http://readingcave.blogspot.com/2016/10/waiting-on-wednesday-42-heartless.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a totally new to me one! Sounds like an intriguing read! Love a good suspense read!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The part about the evocation of nature is so different to what I usually read -- great choice! Here's mine: http://editingeverything.com/blog/2016/10/19/waiting-wednesday-multiple-choice/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds interesting!! Can't wait to hear what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always up for a good mystery! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this book does sound amazing Eva, it sounds like it mixes up so many different aspect well, I especially like the mystery aspect! Wonderful pick Eva! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh this one does sound good. Lots of mystery surrounding what happened to Gabriela's Dad and the danger to Celine and her partner. I'm definitely adding this to my wish list. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I love this trope, sub-genre, setting: My Best Friend's Brother/My Brother's Best Friend

I Love This Trope, Sub-Genre, Setting is a new feature on my blog in which I discuss a trope, sub-genre or setting that I love and tell you about books that are shining examples of said trope, sub-genre or setting.  Feel free to play along and please let me know about your favorite books in this realm and whether you like this trope, sub-genre and/or setting as much as I do! Today I am spotlighting the trope of:  My Best Friend's Brother/My Brother's Best Friend , which I would define as any book where the heroine either has a crush on or falls for her brother's best friend or her best friend's brother. I have to confess that I love this trope in nearly all of its iterations!  I have a younger brother so I never got to crush on any of his friends but it's fun reading about that and it's equally as fun as reading about falling for your best friend's brother -- instant sisters!  I know there are a ton

Conversations With Myself (& Hopefully You): ARC Greed

This discussion is inspired by my feelings lately when reading and reviewing ARCs versus the feelings I had when I requested those same ARCs: ARC GREED ARC greed -- have we all experienced this?  What I even mean by this term is that I sometimes feel overwhelmed when looking at Netgalley and Edelweiss and  I sometimes over-request, if only because I can!  I get greedy when I see all the new and shiny ARCs available and I will sometimes request things that have even a hint of interest for me, not necessarily focusing only on those books that I really, really want.  The problem with this over-requesting and with getting greedy with requesting (and receiving) ARCs is when it comes time to read and review these ARCs.  Last month and this month, I have looked at my ARCs with a release date in each respective month and I just haven't wanted to read any of them.  I need to start asking myself -- If I was immediately approved for this ARC, would I read it right thi

Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases For the Rest of 2015

Top Ten Tuesday  is hosted by the fab ladies at  The Broke and the Bookish ! What books are you anticipating for the rest of this year?