Skip to main content

Monday Musts: Highland Fling, The Mystery Lights & So Many Great Discussions!


Monday Musts is a weekly event, started and hosted by Jessica @ Lovin' Los Libros, which asks you to highlight your must read, must listen and must see!

MUST READ!
Highland Fling by Katie Fforde



From Goodreads:
After a fight with her boyfriend, a business trip to Scotland is the perfect diversion for Jenny Porter, who works as a virtual assistant for a financial executive. Dispatched to assess a failing textile mill, Jenny instead finds herself determined to save it at any cost after befriending its charming employees. That cost might just be her sanity as she stretches her resources, patience, and compassion to the outer limits.

As she gets to know the colorful Dalmain clan, Jenny just can't say no when asked to help run a mobile food stand, save the family business, put an overbearing matriarch in her place, rekindle an old romance, or throw a dinner party for sixteen on short notice. Then there's the problem of being attracted to the dashing yet abrasive Ross Grant, who has a way of showing up just when things seem almost sane and manageable.

The majestic Scottish highlands, covered in purple heather and dotted with sheep and llamas, provide a dramatic backdrop while Jenny tries to pull everything together in time to save the mill and figure out her increasingly complicated personal life, in this delightful romantic romp.  
So this summer I read and reviewed three Katie Fforde's that have just been re-released for kindle.  This made me think about my favorite book by her, Highland Fling!  So I recommended it to Tanya and in doing so talked with Jasprit about how much we love this one.  Definitely going to re-read soon!


MUST LISTEN!


The Mystery Lights - What Happens When You Turn the Devil Down


Loving this album so much!
MUST SEE!
This space is dedicated to my favorite book blog posts every week since I don't do weekly recaps (I don't have the patience) and there are always posts that I LOVE! There have been some great discussions lately!
What are your Monday Musts??

Comments

  1. Aw thank you for adding mine to the list above! :) Am off to check out the blogging hacks post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to add that Katie FForde book!! Thanks for sharing my post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this author so thank you for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, adding the Katie Fforde book to my wish list. Thanks for the book pimp! I'm also adding those blog links to my to be read list today. Thanks for those too!

    I hope you have a great week, Eva!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Highland Fling sounds fun! I've got a newfound appreciation of Scottish men since I started watching Outlander ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loves the Feminism in YA Post Too!! Great List of Haves!
    Tori @ In Tori Lex

    ReplyDelete
  7. So I obviously need to check Katie's books if they are that good.
    Genesis @ Latte Nights Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  8. That album cover looks wicked! But, I love the song. Highland Fling actually looks cute, too. I definitely need to read those posts; they really look interesting, especially the Feminism in YA. Thanks for the recs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, a romance set in the Scottish Highlands? Count me in! Thanks for the shout out, Eva! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh I love me some highlanders...I can never resist them. There were some great discussion posts this past week!!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the links! I definitely will have to go see about feminism in YA since it was your favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I love this trope, sub-genre, setting: My Best Friend's Brother/My Brother's Best Friend

I Love This Trope, Sub-Genre, Setting is a new feature on my blog in which I discuss a trope, sub-genre or setting that I love and tell you about books that are shining examples of said trope, sub-genre or setting.  Feel free to play along and please let me know about your favorite books in this realm and whether you like this trope, sub-genre and/or setting as much as I do! Today I am spotlighting the trope of:  My Best Friend's Brother/My Brother's Best Friend , which I would define as any book where the heroine either has a crush on or falls for her brother's best friend or her best friend's brother. I have to confess that I love this trope in nearly all of its iterations!  I have a younger brother so I never got to crush on any of his friends but it's fun reading about that and it's equally as fun as reading about falling for your best friend's brother -- instant sisters!  I know there are a ton

Conversations With Myself (& Hopefully You): ARC Greed

This discussion is inspired by my feelings lately when reading and reviewing ARCs versus the feelings I had when I requested those same ARCs: ARC GREED ARC greed -- have we all experienced this?  What I even mean by this term is that I sometimes feel overwhelmed when looking at Netgalley and Edelweiss and  I sometimes over-request, if only because I can!  I get greedy when I see all the new and shiny ARCs available and I will sometimes request things that have even a hint of interest for me, not necessarily focusing only on those books that I really, really want.  The problem with this over-requesting and with getting greedy with requesting (and receiving) ARCs is when it comes time to read and review these ARCs.  Last month and this month, I have looked at my ARCs with a release date in each respective month and I just haven't wanted to read any of them.  I need to start asking myself -- If I was immediately approved for this ARC, would I read it right thi

Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases For the Rest of 2015

Top Ten Tuesday  is hosted by the fab ladies at  The Broke and the Bookish ! What books are you anticipating for the rest of this year?