Skip to main content

Review: Believe (The Brightside #3) by Katie Delahanty



Blurb from Goodreads:
My name is Amanda Conrad and I. Am. A doctor.

When my cousin Liv whisked me away to South Africa to be maid of honor in her super-secret celebrity wedding, I was about to begin a five-year residency at NYU and was on my way to becoming a plastic surgeon. My plans definitely did not include a rock-star best man sweeping me off my feet.

But what happened in South Africa needed to stay there—he’d return to his touring and I’d start my residency, with our fond memories of a whirlwind, fairy-tale week. But now nothing feels right—I’m questioning my once solid plans, and I can’t stop thinking about him. Our lives are so different… Am I ready to risk everything I’ve worked for since I was thirteen—and put my heart on the line? To dream bigger than I ever thought possible? To believe I can have it all? That’s the thing about growing up...sometimes you have to be brave enough to redefine happily ever after. 
My Review:
 
This is the third book in this series although it could be read as a standalone (note, however, that the first two are definitely a duo to be read together and in order). And yet, the same magic from the first two books continues in this one as well!  I love love love Amanda -- we'd gotten to know her a bit in the first two books as being a sounding board for Liv but being inside her head felt so real. And I feel the same re: Matt.  We knew him a bit from the first two books but we really get to know him in this one.  The settings were so fun, too -- from Africa and its magic for the wedding to NYC where both Amanda and Matt have just moved for different reasons to being on the road together while Matt tours.  Having been on the road before with a band, I can tell you that this was accurate and nostalgic and fun.  I liked that this wasn't too serious because I was in the mood for that -- it was a bit more about trust and self-discovery but the romance was super cute as well.

I really think this is such a fun and funny underrated contemporary romance series -- bonus points if you like rockstar romance, too! Believe comes out today on October 24, 2016, and you can purchase HERE.
"What is it really about?" 
He thinks for a moment before responding with a smile. "I'll never tell."   
"Why not?"
"I learned that from Berkeley. As a writer, once a song is released it's not yours anymore. It belongs to the listener. I don't want to change it for you; it could ruin it. Music is memories; it can transport you back in time, and that song is a moment for me--it's what I needed then-- just as it became for you what you needed then. It's yours."  

Comments

  1. So glad the magic continued for you in this one, really love it when that happens!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of this series before, but it sounds lovely! The romance being cute definitely appeals to me!
    I'm glad this was a good read for you, Eva!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not familiar with either the author or the series but this really sounds like one I would enjoy. And I like the fact that it can be read as a stand alone (lately series have been feeling like such a time investment!). Glad you enjoyed this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad the wonderfulness that made you like the first two books continued on! Great Review!!
    Tori @ In Tori Lex

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gah this sounds so good! And you toured with a band?!! That sounds freaking amazing! I have to check out this series. Great review!
    Genesis @ Latte Nights Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww this sounds like a totally fun series Eva, I love books which are set in different countries, also it feels like ages since I read a book with music playing a role, I really need books like this one in my life. Also being the romance reader that I am, this book sounds perfect! Thank you for putting this book on my radar! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wait, you were on the road with a band?! Tell me more! :) TThis book sound delightful -- and South Africa! That's where I was born!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh these are new to me but sound so good!! Also how cool that ou were on the road with a band before. Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I love this trope, sub-genre, setting: My Best Friend's Brother/My Brother's Best Friend

I Love This Trope, Sub-Genre, Setting is a new feature on my blog in which I discuss a trope, sub-genre or setting that I love and tell you about books that are shining examples of said trope, sub-genre or setting.  Feel free to play along and please let me know about your favorite books in this realm and whether you like this trope, sub-genre and/or setting as much as I do! Today I am spotlighting the trope of:  My Best Friend's Brother/My Brother's Best Friend , which I would define as any book where the heroine either has a crush on or falls for her brother's best friend or her best friend's brother. I have to confess that I love this trope in nearly all of its iterations!  I have a younger brother so I never got to crush on any of his friends but it's fun reading about that and it's equally as fun as reading about falling for your best friend's brother -- instant sisters!  I know there are a ton

Conversations With Myself (& Hopefully You): ARC Greed

This discussion is inspired by my feelings lately when reading and reviewing ARCs versus the feelings I had when I requested those same ARCs: ARC GREED ARC greed -- have we all experienced this?  What I even mean by this term is that I sometimes feel overwhelmed when looking at Netgalley and Edelweiss and  I sometimes over-request, if only because I can!  I get greedy when I see all the new and shiny ARCs available and I will sometimes request things that have even a hint of interest for me, not necessarily focusing only on those books that I really, really want.  The problem with this over-requesting and with getting greedy with requesting (and receiving) ARCs is when it comes time to read and review these ARCs.  Last month and this month, I have looked at my ARCs with a release date in each respective month and I just haven't wanted to read any of them.  I need to start asking myself -- If I was immediately approved for this ARC, would I read it right thi

Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases For the Rest of 2015

Top Ten Tuesday  is hosted by the fab ladies at  The Broke and the Bookish ! What books are you anticipating for the rest of this year?