Skip to main content

Monthly Recap: October 2016

Number of Books Read
Sorry that I was such an awful blog friend in October.  Work was crazy and it's amazing I even posted at all. I am also surprised I read 22 books (including three re-reads but not including three DNFs)! 


Mackenzie's Mountain (Mackenzie Family, #1)
A Secret Affair
Melt My Heart, Cowboy (Love at the Chocolate Shop, #1)
Faithful
Winter Storms
A Portrait of Emily Price
Imagine Me Gone
Her Naughty Holiday (Men at Work, #2)
Christmas at the Dog & Duck (Dog and Duck)
Mistletoe Cottage
The Oslo Conspiracy
Three Christmas Wishes
Salt to the Sea
Believe (The Brightside, #3)
Our Hearts Will Burn Us Down
The Book of the Unnamed Midwife (The Road to Nowhere, #1)
Here's to Us
The Apartment
IQ
The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto: A Novel
Tell the Truth, Shame the Devil
The Guineveres
Every Boy's Got One (Boy, #3)

Mackenzie's Mission (Mackenzie Family #2) by Linda Howard
Avoiding Responsibility (Avoiding #2) by K.A. Linde








































Re-Reads!
Avoiding Responsibility (Avoiding #2) by K.A. Linde       Mackenzie's Mission (Mackenzie Family #2) by Linda Howard       Mackenzie's Mountain (Mackenzie Family, #1)
Highest rating
Not including re-reads, these were all 4 STARs!!
IQ by Joe IdeBelieve (The Brightside #3) by Katie DelahantyMelt My Heart, Cowboy (Love at the Chocolate Shop #1) by C.J. Carmichael
Lowest rating
My DNF streak continues
Mistletoe Cottage (Harmony Harbor #1) by Debbie Mason         The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto: A Novel by Mitch Albom        Our Hearts Will Burn Us Down by Anne Valente
Best read of the month
Melt My Heart, Cowboy (Love at the Chocolate Shop #1) by C.J. Carmichael
Book which surprised me the most
I had heard such good things about this but it was not for me!
The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto: A Novel by Mitch Albom
Fictional crush of the month
None!
Three books I’m looking forward to reading next month
Evelyn, After by Victoria Helen Stone         Moonglow by Michael Chabon        The Twelve Days of Dash & Lily (Dash & Lily #2) by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan
Monthly Recap
Reviews
Meme/Giveaways
    How was your October? 

    Comments

    1. Wowza! Good job on reading 22 books! I remember when I used to read that many... LOL. One day I'll get back to that. :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. I don't know how you do it! I have trouble getting one read. I have to say your blog is my favorite and I've read several of your reviewed books and love them! I only wish some of the ones I really wanted to read weren't Kindle only. I love to hold a book in hand and am not a fan of reading on a device. Maybe they will print someday ;c) Thanks for taking the time to do your blog, I really appreciate it!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Wow you had a great month! I can't even believe it is November! The next few months are just going to fly by!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Great month, especially for being busy!!
      I just picked up the new Meg Cabot at the library last night, after you highly recommended it last month. I only read a few pages, but was already cracking up!!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Wow you read so many! Way to go! I hope you enjoy Evelyn, After. I'm curious about that so I'll have to be on the lookout for your review!

      ReplyDelete
    6. Great month! I have to read the Mitch Albom one this month for book club...

      ReplyDelete
    7. Awesome reading month!! I'm glad you loved IQ and I'm definitely going to pick it up!!
      Tori @ In Tori Lex

      ReplyDelete
    8. Ugh, my October was busy and stressful and I'm glad it's over. I blogged more than usual but commented less. I hope our November's are a little quieter.

      Nereyda│ Nick & Nereyda’s Infinite Booklist

      ReplyDelete
    9. Holy cow, you go girl! That's a great reading month. Something to aspire to, definitely. How did MacKenzie's Mountain and Mission hold up for you? It's been ages since I've read those books so I wonder if they'd hold up for me.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I still like them although the first book is the best, I think! I just re-read all five!

        Delete
    10. Whew!!! Look at you go, such a strong reading month for ya. Even if there were a few Dnf's. I definitely need to read melt my heart cowboy.

      ReplyDelete
    11. Wow great job reading for a busy month especially! My reading took a hit big time. I have read a few Mitch Albom books -I liked some and DNFed a couple. He is totally hit or miss for me. Have a great November!!

      ReplyDelete
    12. You had great month! And good on you for DNF some books. I've gotten to the point where I take myself off the hook if and when I decide to DNF. There so many great books out there and if one is not doing it for me, I'm moving on. I do try to give it a good try so I do give myself a set of number of chapters or pages. I hope November is good on you too!

      Jenn at Book and Swoons

      ReplyDelete
    13. What a fantastic month! 22 books! KACHA! I was also a horrible blog friend in October...and it's going to stay the same for November. :/

      ReplyDelete
    14. 22 books is amazing! I haven't started reading any holiday romances yet... too early for me. I did just finish an arc of Welcome Home for Christmas but (despite Christmas being in the title LOL) it didn't overtly feel like a holiday read to me.

      ReplyDelete
    15. How do you read so much?!! I only got to 16 this month, which I am happy about.
      I'm so looking forward to reading Evelyn, After. I love the eerie feel of the cover. I hope November is a good month for you :)
      Genesis @ Latte Nights Reviews

      ReplyDelete

    Post a Comment

    Popular posts from this blog

    I love this trope, sub-genre, setting: My Best Friend's Brother/My Brother's Best Friend

    I Love This Trope, Sub-Genre, Setting is a new feature on my blog in which I discuss a trope, sub-genre or setting that I love and tell you about books that are shining examples of said trope, sub-genre or setting.  Feel free to play along and please let me know about your favorite books in this realm and whether you like this trope, sub-genre and/or setting as much as I do! Today I am spotlighting the trope of:  My Best Friend's Brother/My Brother's Best Friend , which I would define as any book where the heroine either has a crush on or falls for her brother's best friend or her best friend's brother. I have to confess that I love this trope in nearly all of its iterations!  I have a younger brother so I never got to crush on any of his friends but it's fun reading about that and it's equally as fun as reading about falling for your best friend's brother -- instant sisters!  I know there are a ton

    Conversations With Myself (& Hopefully You): ARC Greed

    This discussion is inspired by my feelings lately when reading and reviewing ARCs versus the feelings I had when I requested those same ARCs: ARC GREED ARC greed -- have we all experienced this?  What I even mean by this term is that I sometimes feel overwhelmed when looking at Netgalley and Edelweiss and  I sometimes over-request, if only because I can!  I get greedy when I see all the new and shiny ARCs available and I will sometimes request things that have even a hint of interest for me, not necessarily focusing only on those books that I really, really want.  The problem with this over-requesting and with getting greedy with requesting (and receiving) ARCs is when it comes time to read and review these ARCs.  Last month and this month, I have looked at my ARCs with a release date in each respective month and I just haven't wanted to read any of them.  I need to start asking myself -- If I was immediately approved for this ARC, would I read it right thi

    Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases For the Rest of 2015

    Top Ten Tuesday  is hosted by the fab ladies at  The Broke and the Bookish ! What books are you anticipating for the rest of this year?