Skip to main content

Top Ten Adult/NA Books of 2013


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the fab ladies at The Broke and the Bookish!

1.  Dirty Red (Love Me With Lies #2) and Thief (Love Me With Lies #3) 
                                                              by Tarryn Fisher 


The Opportunist (#1) topped my list last year and I can easily say that Dirty Red and Thief were my favorites this year by a landslide.  Thief was the perfect ending to this series and I did not put it down until I was finished-- it was so good that not only did not want it to end but I wanted it to last forever.  This is a series I will re-read every year.  Seriously, no books compete with this series for me.  Full review of Dirty Red here.
2. The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt




The Secret History may well be my favorite book of all time and The Goldfinch was well worth the long wait.  Donna Tartt writes like no one else and I could not believe what I was reading while I was reading it.  Magical!!

3.  Left Drowning by Jessica Park



Jessica Park does it again with Left Drowning -- an absolutely beautiful and poetic NA that is everything I wish that genre could be at all times.  I loved this book even though parts of it nearly killed me from longing. 

4.  The Foxhole Court (All for the Game #1) and The Raven King (All for the Game #2) by Nora Sakavic



I know I keep raving about these books but they really are THAT good -- unlike anything I have ever read before and I can't wait to read the third and final book next year!

5.  Night Film by Marisha Pessl 



Special Topics in Calamity Physics is another of my all time favorites and Night Film was an absolutely incredible follow-up.  A mystery in which you can just lose yourself in the language.

6. Just My Luck (Escape to New Zealand #5) by Rosalind James



Another series I can't stop raving about, I know, but it is just that good and Just My Luck, the most recent book, is my favorite of the series!

7. Hopeless (Hopeless #1) by Colleen Hoover  
Another amazing series from Colleen Hoover.  I obsessed over Slammed and Point of Retreat last year and Hopeless was even better.  Full review here.
8. Unleashing Mr. Darcy by Teri Wilson 



One of my favorite P&P retelling ever! Full review here.

9. More than Rivals by Mary Whitney



Another author that made my list last year.  I love Mary Whitney's effortless writing that combines romance and politics.  Beside Your Heart by Mary Whitney was another one of my favorites this year, too!

10. Sins and Needles (The Artists Trilogy #1) by Karina Halle 


Loved the first book in this series -- so unique, heart-stopping and I really loved the incorporation/mood-setting of the music references.  Full review here.

Top 10 YA Books in 2013 here!

What were your favorite books this year??  Link up below!

Comments

  1. Oooh nice! Those are pretty much all new to me! Love seeing what other people loved so much this year!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't read all that many NAs, but I LOVED Hopeless, and I just picked up the audio for Left Drowning, so I'm very excited to see it on your best of list. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! I got Unleashing Mr. Darcy off NG and I'm really excited to read it! I love P&P retellings! My blogging friends just read the Love Me with Lies series and they enjoyed them too, but something is keeping me from reading them! I guess I'm afraid they won't be my kind of read. I don't know- I may have to give them a shot this year. And yay for Hopeless! Dean Holder is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I love this trope, sub-genre, setting: My Best Friend's Brother/My Brother's Best Friend

I Love This Trope, Sub-Genre, Setting is a new feature on my blog in which I discuss a trope, sub-genre or setting that I love and tell you about books that are shining examples of said trope, sub-genre or setting.  Feel free to play along and please let me know about your favorite books in this realm and whether you like this trope, sub-genre and/or setting as much as I do! Today I am spotlighting the trope of:  My Best Friend's Brother/My Brother's Best Friend , which I would define as any book where the heroine either has a crush on or falls for her brother's best friend or her best friend's brother. I have to confess that I love this trope in nearly all of its iterations!  I have a younger brother so I never got to crush on any of his friends but it's fun reading about that and it's equally as fun as reading about falling for your best friend's brother -- instant sisters!  I know there are a ton

Conversations With Myself (& Hopefully You): ARC Greed

This discussion is inspired by my feelings lately when reading and reviewing ARCs versus the feelings I had when I requested those same ARCs: ARC GREED ARC greed -- have we all experienced this?  What I even mean by this term is that I sometimes feel overwhelmed when looking at Netgalley and Edelweiss and  I sometimes over-request, if only because I can!  I get greedy when I see all the new and shiny ARCs available and I will sometimes request things that have even a hint of interest for me, not necessarily focusing only on those books that I really, really want.  The problem with this over-requesting and with getting greedy with requesting (and receiving) ARCs is when it comes time to read and review these ARCs.  Last month and this month, I have looked at my ARCs with a release date in each respective month and I just haven't wanted to read any of them.  I need to start asking myself -- If I was immediately approved for this ARC, would I read it right thi

Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases For the Rest of 2015

Top Ten Tuesday  is hosted by the fab ladies at  The Broke and the Bookish ! What books are you anticipating for the rest of this year?