Skip to main content

Top 10 Adult (and some NA) of 2012

1. The Opportunist (Love Me With Lies #1) by Tarryn Fisher
My favorite adult book of 2012. I thought about it for weeks after I read it! The ending seriously almost killed me. This is only the second book that I cried during reading. I just bought the "sequel," Dirty Red, and can't wait to read it (it will be agonizing, I know!).


2. Devoured (Devoured #1) by Emily Snow
To me, this is everything I hoped 50 Shades would be but with an actual plot and likable characters. Lucas is definitely my number one book boyfriend. I am absolutely on pins and needles for the next book. Full review here


3. Easy by Tammara Webber
There's a reason this book is on almost everyone's top 10 list this year - it is that good. This was probably the book that I could not put down more than any other book I read this year. I loved Jacqueline and Lucas together from their first encounter and all of the hard things that came after. A beautiful stand-alone that I am going to re-read soon.


4. Slammed and Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover
These are the kind of books that check if your heart is still beating. An impossible situation, the kind that tears your heart out and then gets worse, coupled with an undeniable, fated love. Every word of these books is beautiful. Plus, Colleen managed the rare feat of the sequel being just as good, if not better, than the first book. I just bought Colleen's latest adult book, Hopeless, and I am so excited to read it!


5. Biting Cold (Chicagoland Vampires #6) by Chloe Neill
Just when I think this series can't get any better, each book is better than the last! Ethan and Merit forever, please. Anxiously awaiting House Rules.


6. A Political Affair by Mary Whitney
I am a total political junkie so this book was right up my alley although it was also so good!! Also one of my favorite covers of this year. Full review here


7. Lengths by Steph Campbell and Liz Reinhardt
All of you already know my love for Liz Reinhardt and this steamy NA novel written with Steph Campbell is definitely no exception!! The cover is also my favorite adult cover of the year. Full review here


8. On the Island by Tracey Garvis-Graves
This is a book where the premise initially tripped me up because of the teacher/student nature of the relationship and the vast age difference. However, once I read it, I felt like the entire story was perfect. Best summer read!


9. Charade (Games #1) by Nyrae Dawn
This book was hard to read at times because it was so sad although I loved the characters so much. I won't give any spoilers away, but something happened toward the end of the book that I almost couldn't read because it was so unfair but the ending was 110% amazing. I am really looking forward to reading all of Nyrae's books this year.


10. That Boy by Jillian Dodd
Even though this book came out last year, I didn't read it until this year along with its sequel, That Wedding. JJ frustrated me beyond belief at times but Jillian Dodd is so good at writing descriptive scenes. Every book of hers that I read, I am instantly transported and can envision the entire book. Love her!!
Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love this trope, sub-genre, setting: My Best Friend's Brother/My Brother's Best Friend

I Love This Trope, Sub-Genre, Setting is a new feature on my blog in which I discuss a trope, sub-genre or setting that I love and tell you about books that are shining examples of said trope, sub-genre or setting.  Feel free to play along and please let me know about your favorite books in this realm and whether you like this trope, sub-genre and/or setting as much as I do! Today I am spotlighting the trope of:  My Best Friend's Brother/My Brother's Best Friend , which I would define as any book where the heroine either has a crush on or falls for her brother's best friend or her best friend's brother. I have to confess that I love this trope in nearly all of its iterations!  I have a younger brother so I never got to crush on any of his friends but it's fun reading about that and it's equally as fun as reading about falling for your best friend's brother -- instant sisters!  I know there are a ton

Conversations With Myself (& Hopefully You): ARC Greed

This discussion is inspired by my feelings lately when reading and reviewing ARCs versus the feelings I had when I requested those same ARCs: ARC GREED ARC greed -- have we all experienced this?  What I even mean by this term is that I sometimes feel overwhelmed when looking at Netgalley and Edelweiss and  I sometimes over-request, if only because I can!  I get greedy when I see all the new and shiny ARCs available and I will sometimes request things that have even a hint of interest for me, not necessarily focusing only on those books that I really, really want.  The problem with this over-requesting and with getting greedy with requesting (and receiving) ARCs is when it comes time to read and review these ARCs.  Last month and this month, I have looked at my ARCs with a release date in each respective month and I just haven't wanted to read any of them.  I need to start asking myself -- If I was immediately approved for this ARC, would I read it right thi

Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases For the Rest of 2015

Top Ten Tuesday  is hosted by the fab ladies at  The Broke and the Bookish ! What books are you anticipating for the rest of this year?