1. I recently started the Debutante Dropout Mystery series by Susan McBride and I love it! Sometimes there is nothing better than finding a new mystery series!
2. For those of you that are contemporary romance fans like I am, you need to read anything and everything by Rosalind James!! I started the Escape to New Zealand series (um New Zealand and hot rugby players?!) after one of my BFF gifted me the first book and I have devoured all of Ms. James' books since. Can't wait for more!!
3. Another new to me author this year is Kristen Ashley and I am sorry I waited even this long to start reading her books! I am IN LOVE with the Rock Chick series -- so smart, funny and perfect -- definitely the series I laugh at loud the most while reading!
4. I'm pretty sure everyone participating in TTT today is listing Rainbow Rowell but there's a reason for that -- her books are just that good.
5. One author on today's list that I am definitely late to the game on is Cynthia Hand. I read her Unearthly series this year and could not put it down! Highly recommend for those that like YA fantasy/para series.
6. Another new contemporary romance author that I discovered this year is Julie James! As an attorney, I typically cringe at books involving the law because they usually get it SO wrong. However, Julie's FBI / US Attorney series is so, so good and accurate!!
9. My initial assessment of the first book I read in the Stewart Realty series by Liz Crowe read: "Definitely unlike anything I've ever read! The ending left me more confused than ever but I can't wait to read more. Very fast paced-- almost too much so but never boring and never gratuitous." Highly recommend if you want a steamy, frustrating and unique set of interconnected love stories.
10. I have saved the BEST for last today. Miranda Kenneally is my favorite author that I started to reading this year. When I post my favorite books for 2013 shortly, you will see that Things I Can't Forget tops that list. I am absolutely enamored with the Hundred Oaks series and I believe that everyone should be reading these books.