Skip to main content

TOP 10 YA BOOKS OF 2013

1. Things I Can't Forget (Hundred Oaks #3) by Miranda Kenneally

Without question, my favorite YA books of 2013! I loved the story, the complexity, the struggle of the characters and, basically, how Miranda Kenneally was able to perfectly capture how to get over yourself sometimes. This series is PHENOMENAL.  Seriously.  I'm already ready to read this one again. Full review here
2. Origin (Lux #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout 



Not what I was expecting but everything I always wanted from this series!  I cannot wait to read Opposition (Lux #5) but I do NOT want this series to end -- JLA is amazing!!

3. Flat-Out Matt (Flat-Out Love #1.5) by Jessica Park

The short companion novella to my favorite book of last year was simply perfect.   Full review here
4. Just One Day and Just One Year by Gayle Forman


Beautiful, beautiful series by Gayle Forman about self-discovery.  The second and final book was even better than the first!

5. The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle #2) by Maggie Stiefvater 

Another series that made my list last year and Dream Thieves was even better than The Raven Boys!  I wish I could live in whatever state of mind occurs for Maggie Steifvater to write these books -- absolutely sublime!

6. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell 

Loved this one so much -- can't wait to read more from this author next year!
7. Fall of Night (The Morganville Vampires #14) and Daylighters (The Morganville Vampires #15) by Rachel Caine
Amazing conclusion to one of my favorite series of all time.  I miss you already, Claire!

8. Sweet Peril (The Sweet Trilogy #2) by Wendy Higgins 

I just started this series this year and its conclusion, Sweet Reckoning, is my most anticipated book of 2014.  I absolutely adore Anna and Kai -- their journey in Sweet Peril was unstoppable!
9. The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines #3) and The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines #4) by Richelle Mead

Seriously, I've read everything Richelle Mead has ever written and she never disappoints! The Indigo Spell and The Fiery Heart were even better than the first two books in this series and I am dying to know what will happen next.
10. Boundless (Unearthly #3) by Cynthia Hand

Another great series conclusion -- perfect ending, perfect build-up!
Top 10 Adult Books in 2013 to come tomorrow!

Comments

  1. Love the mentions of Origin, Fangirl, The Indigo Spell, The Fiery Heart, and Sweet Peril! They were all amazing! Now that it is done...I am definitely going to start the Morganville Vampires series. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read about half of these, and I can agree they belong on a list like this. :) I've read Flat-Out Love but I haven't picked up the novella yet. I bet it's really cute. :) I'm still hesitant to pick up that Gayle Forman series, but maybe I'll get to it "one day". Heh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choices. Ive read most of these and loved them. I love the Morganville books and still need to read the last book though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought Things I Can't Forget yesterday! It was a great Kindle deal, so now I'm really glad I got it! I have Boundless, but STILL haven't read it. Sigh. I hope to do that soon. As well as read Indigo Spell and Fiery Heart! I liked Origin ok, but Opal is still my favorite Lux book. I keep hearing great things about Fangirl too. I have it, just need to find the time to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Richelle Mead as well, her bloodlines is great.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I love this trope, sub-genre, setting: My Best Friend's Brother/My Brother's Best Friend

I Love This Trope, Sub-Genre, Setting is a new feature on my blog in which I discuss a trope, sub-genre or setting that I love and tell you about books that are shining examples of said trope, sub-genre or setting.  Feel free to play along and please let me know about your favorite books in this realm and whether you like this trope, sub-genre and/or setting as much as I do! Today I am spotlighting the trope of:  My Best Friend's Brother/My Brother's Best Friend , which I would define as any book where the heroine either has a crush on or falls for her brother's best friend or her best friend's brother. I have to confess that I love this trope in nearly all of its iterations!  I have a younger brother so I never got to crush on any of his friends but it's fun reading about that and it's equally as fun as reading about falling for your best friend's brother -- instant sisters!  I know there are a ton

Conversations With Myself (& Hopefully You): ARC Greed

This discussion is inspired by my feelings lately when reading and reviewing ARCs versus the feelings I had when I requested those same ARCs: ARC GREED ARC greed -- have we all experienced this?  What I even mean by this term is that I sometimes feel overwhelmed when looking at Netgalley and Edelweiss and  I sometimes over-request, if only because I can!  I get greedy when I see all the new and shiny ARCs available and I will sometimes request things that have even a hint of interest for me, not necessarily focusing only on those books that I really, really want.  The problem with this over-requesting and with getting greedy with requesting (and receiving) ARCs is when it comes time to read and review these ARCs.  Last month and this month, I have looked at my ARCs with a release date in each respective month and I just haven't wanted to read any of them.  I need to start asking myself -- If I was immediately approved for this ARC, would I read it right thi

Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases For the Rest of 2015

Top Ten Tuesday  is hosted by the fab ladies at  The Broke and the Bookish ! What books are you anticipating for the rest of this year?