Skip to main content

Monday Musts: Unmaking Hunter Kennedy, April in Paris and Favorite Bookish Posts


Monday Musts is a weekly event, started and hosted by Jessica @ Lovin' Los Libros, which asks you to highlight your must read, must listen and must see!

MUST READ!
Unmaking Hunter Kennedy by Anne Eliot



From Goodreads:
After a car accident--an event he considers a prank gone bad--pop star, Hunter Kennedy is forced to hide out with his aunt in small-town Colorado. He’s supposed to rest, heal his scars and attend high school in disguise until the press dies down. But he only wants to get back to work.

Worse, the girl who’s been assigned to make him over into a geek is a major geek herself. Vere Roth is a chattering pixie, a blushing tornado and a complete social disaster. He’s never met a girl who’s never-been-kissed, believes in romance and thinks Hunter’s a 'nice' guy.

Funny thing is...Hunter is nice around Vere because she’s his first real friend. He also can’t seem to stop sharing his secrets or keep her out of his heart. Knowing he’d never deserve a girl as sweet as Vere, he resigns himself to the friend zone, and helps his new bestie with her own makeover. 

She tortures him daily for ridiculous guy advice on how to snag her life-long crush. A guy Hunter thinks is totally wrong for Vere, and sadly, one who has taken note of Vere’s transformation.

When Vere asks her best friend for some kissing advice, Hunter can’t resist...

And that’s when things get out of control...
Last week I reviewed The New Guy by Amy Spalding.  This reminded me of my favorite YA also involving the new guy/crush being a celebrity, Unmaking Hunter Kennedy.  Anne Eliot is one of my all time favorite YA authors -- love all of her books!


MUST LISTEN!


Thad Jones - April in Paris
THE definitive version of this song and my must listen in April!

MUST SEE!
This space is dedicated to my favorite book blog posts every week since I don't do weekly recaps (I don't have the patience) and there are always posts that I LOVE!
What are your Monday Musts??

Comments

  1. Oh, Unmaking sounds pretty good. I have never heard of this book, I need to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had Unmaking Hunter in my TBR for a long time. I never got arround to reading it though. I must change that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I hadn't heard of Unmaking Hunter Kennedy before. Definitely one I need to check out. Some really good links there too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unmaking Hunter sounds good! I love those kids of stories! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh Unmaking looks so cute!!! Thanks for mentioning Hist Rom 101....hope you are enjoying the posts so far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been wanting to read Unmaking FOR SO LONG NOW! I got it at BEA a couple years ago but still haven't read it! What is my deal?! LOL. I also have her How To Fall. Have you read that one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my favorite by here is still Almost but How I Fall is really good -- I would compare it to Not If I See You First but so much sweeter.

      here's my review

      Delete
  7. Ooh I like when bloggers link up blog posts they've come across and really enjoyed. It's a good way for me to find new posts to check out, as well as new blogs to love in general. :)

    -lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. April In Paris is one of my favorite older songs and this is a wonderful rendition of it. It always reminds me of that Billy Chrystal movie Forget Paris! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the sound of Unmaking Hunter Kennedy! Next time I'm in the mood for some YA I know what to reach for. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't heard of Unmaking Hunter Kennedy before. Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, Unmaking Hunter Kennedy sounds EXACTLY like my kind of book!! Not sure why I've never heard of it before, but I'm pretty sure I need it in my life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay, so Unmaking Hunter Kennedy sounds like one of those books that I would scoff at but then secretly devour in a fit of high-school-daydream glee. Sometimes I'm a sucker for an outlandish but totally adorable romance. I may have to put this on my candy book list for when I need a pick-me-up.

    C.J. @ Sarcasm&Lemons

    ReplyDelete
  13. I neeeeeed to read Unmaking Hunter Kennedy. I think I even have a copy of it around here somewhere. It might even be signed. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. Back again to say a) thank you for the shout out and b) I love your list of links each Monday. I always discover a few posts worth reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I already added Unmaking Hunter Kennedy to my huge tbr-list. And thanks for your links.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's so nice to see another Anne Eliot fan! I love her too, and I don't see people talking about her books often.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey, I have that book! I bought it so long ago and never got around to it #storyofmylife
    That post about the coffee comparison is so spot on!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I love this trope, sub-genre, setting: My Best Friend's Brother/My Brother's Best Friend

I Love This Trope, Sub-Genre, Setting is a new feature on my blog in which I discuss a trope, sub-genre or setting that I love and tell you about books that are shining examples of said trope, sub-genre or setting.  Feel free to play along and please let me know about your favorite books in this realm and whether you like this trope, sub-genre and/or setting as much as I do! Today I am spotlighting the trope of:  My Best Friend's Brother/My Brother's Best Friend , which I would define as any book where the heroine either has a crush on or falls for her brother's best friend or her best friend's brother. I have to confess that I love this trope in nearly all of its iterations!  I have a younger brother so I never got to crush on any of his friends but it's fun reading about that and it's equally as fun as reading about falling for your best friend's brother -- instant sisters!  I know there are a ton

Conversations With Myself (& Hopefully You): ARC Greed

This discussion is inspired by my feelings lately when reading and reviewing ARCs versus the feelings I had when I requested those same ARCs: ARC GREED ARC greed -- have we all experienced this?  What I even mean by this term is that I sometimes feel overwhelmed when looking at Netgalley and Edelweiss and  I sometimes over-request, if only because I can!  I get greedy when I see all the new and shiny ARCs available and I will sometimes request things that have even a hint of interest for me, not necessarily focusing only on those books that I really, really want.  The problem with this over-requesting and with getting greedy with requesting (and receiving) ARCs is when it comes time to read and review these ARCs.  Last month and this month, I have looked at my ARCs with a release date in each respective month and I just haven't wanted to read any of them.  I need to start asking myself -- If I was immediately approved for this ARC, would I read it right thi

Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases For the Rest of 2015

Top Ten Tuesday  is hosted by the fab ladies at  The Broke and the Bookish ! What books are you anticipating for the rest of this year?