Skip to main content

TOP TEN YA/NA BOOKS OF 2014

1. Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle #3) by Maggie Stiefvater


Just when you think (not really) you could possibly plan what Maggie Stiefvater will do, she upends your world.  This series is PHENOMENAL and unparalleled.  My review HERE
2. Flat-Out Celeste (Flat-Out Love #2) by Jessica Park




You know that I absolutely LOVE this series and Flat-Out Celeste may be the best book in it!  My review HERE.

3. Breathe, Annie, Breathe (Hundred Oaks) by Miranda Kenneally


Another book in this series was my favorite book of last year.  That being said, I always have high expectations for Miranda Kenneally books and she never ever disappoints -- I loved this one, too! 
4. How I Fall by Anne Eliot



Beautiful, beautiful new series by one of my all time favorites, Anne Eliot!  This book was completely unique and the best first love/kiss feelings EVER.  My review HERE.

5. In This Moment by Autumn Doughton 




I discovered Autumn Doughton this year and I feel like, where have I been?!  She is incredible.  I've read four of her books this year and they were all so, so good.  I also highly, HIGHLY recommend On an Edge of Glass and I'll Be Here.

6. Maybe Someday (Maybe #1) by Colleen Hoover 


I have been a HUGE Colleen Hoover fan since her self-published days.  Maybe Someday was great although her other books this year were not my favorites.  Can't wait for Never Never!!
7. Silver Shadows (Bloodlines #5) by Richelle Mead


Richelle Mead, always and forever.

8. Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles #6) by Jillian Dodd 


Seriously great series conclusion -- perfect ending, perfect build-up! The spin-off, Captive Films, is also SO, so good!!
9. White Hot Kiss (The Dark Elements #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout


I was super hesitant to include this book since I DNF'd the second book in this series but I did love this first book and I am still a JLA fan.  I haven't read Wicked yet but it is at the top of my TBR pile!
10. Breakable (Contours of the Heart #2) by Tammara Webber

Re-tellings/alternate POVs can be terrible but Breakable was definitely unique -- not only did it include more history and different scenes but it was so, so romantic to read Landon's POV.

Comments

  1. I loved Maybe Someday and White Hot Kiss!! I still need to read Flat-Out Celeste, which I'm sure is awesome too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sydrian forever!! I need to start The Raven Cycle soon! I haven't heard some of these books but I'll definitely be looking them up!

    Eileen @ BookCatPin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Maybe Someday and White Hot Kiss! You DNF SCT? I DNF Wicked? So cliched :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goal is to read The Ravel Cycle this year!! Maybe Someday was such a fun read! Great picks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Breathe Annie Breathe was really good. I've started this series out of order so I'm looking forward to checking out her other titles too! Thanks for stopping by our blog earlier! ~ Bel

    ReplyDelete
  6. I swear, I'm going to read my YA this year! I discovered Autumn Doughton this year as well, but I only read one of her books - This Sky. I really enjoyed it. I'm going to check out her other books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG I absolutely loved Autumn Doughton's On An Edge of Glass, one of my favourite books from 2013, but I still haven't read In This Moment. She is such an underrated author! White Hot Kiss was great too, but I haven't read the 2nd book yet, I'm planning on waiting for the last book to come out before I read it now. Great list of books!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice list! How I Fall sounds like my perfect guilty pleasure novel, without the guilt. (Except that Ellen Foster is an Oprah book I had to read in English about an abused little girl, so I'm going to have to do some paradigm switching here.) I've heard great things too about Breathe Annie Breathe, but I find running so incredibly dull that I'm afraid I won't like it.

    C.J.
    Sarcasm & Lemons, a book blog

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I love this trope, sub-genre, setting: My Best Friend's Brother/My Brother's Best Friend

I Love This Trope, Sub-Genre, Setting is a new feature on my blog in which I discuss a trope, sub-genre or setting that I love and tell you about books that are shining examples of said trope, sub-genre or setting.  Feel free to play along and please let me know about your favorite books in this realm and whether you like this trope, sub-genre and/or setting as much as I do! Today I am spotlighting the trope of:  My Best Friend's Brother/My Brother's Best Friend , which I would define as any book where the heroine either has a crush on or falls for her brother's best friend or her best friend's brother. I have to confess that I love this trope in nearly all of its iterations!  I have a younger brother so I never got to crush on any of his friends but it's fun reading about that and it's equally as fun as reading about falling for your best friend's brother -- instant sisters!  I know there are a ton

Conversations With Myself (& Hopefully You): ARC Greed

This discussion is inspired by my feelings lately when reading and reviewing ARCs versus the feelings I had when I requested those same ARCs: ARC GREED ARC greed -- have we all experienced this?  What I even mean by this term is that I sometimes feel overwhelmed when looking at Netgalley and Edelweiss and  I sometimes over-request, if only because I can!  I get greedy when I see all the new and shiny ARCs available and I will sometimes request things that have even a hint of interest for me, not necessarily focusing only on those books that I really, really want.  The problem with this over-requesting and with getting greedy with requesting (and receiving) ARCs is when it comes time to read and review these ARCs.  Last month and this month, I have looked at my ARCs with a release date in each respective month and I just haven't wanted to read any of them.  I need to start asking myself -- If I was immediately approved for this ARC, would I read it right thi

Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases For the Rest of 2015

Top Ten Tuesday  is hosted by the fab ladies at  The Broke and the Bookish ! What books are you anticipating for the rest of this year?