Monday Musts is a weekly event, started and hosted by Jessica @ Lovin' Los Libros, which asks you to highlight your must read, must listen and must see!
53 Letters for My Lover by Leylah Attar
Trigger Hippy - Cave Hill Cemetery
What are your Monday Musts??
53 Letters for My Lover by Leylah Attar
This is not your typical love story.
It’s not so black and white. Lines are crossed.
Walls are smashed. Good becomes bad.
Bad becomes very, very good.
Shayda Hijazi—the perfect wife, the perfect mother, the perfect daughter. For thirty-three years, she has played by the rules, swallowing secrets, burying dreams and doing whatever it takes to anchor her family. Shayda Hijazi is about to come face to face with the one thing that can rip it all apart, the one thing her heart has always been denied: Love.
Troy Heathgate—untamed, exhilarating, dangerous—a man who does exactly as he pleases. Life bends to his will. Until he comes across the one thing he would give it all up for, but can never have.
Born on the same day in opposite corners of the world, their lives collide. And nothing is ever the same again.
Spanning three decades, 53 Letters for My Lover is a fiercely sensual, emotional ride to the heart of an epic, forbidden love that defies it all—an intimate exploration of love, loyalty, passion, betrayal, and the human journey for hope, happiness and redemption.
I still cannot thank Megan enough for recommending this book a few years ago if you (like me) love the Love Me With Lies series by Tarryn Fisher (side note: this is one of my all time favorites and if you haven't read it, DO!). Over the weekend, I had the biggest desire to re-read 53 Letters and I did -- I devoured it in one day and was reminded why I love it so much! Highly recommended beautiful and romantic love story!
Even though this album is a few years old, I've been listening to it a ton this summer. This song is so lyrical that I can imagine it in my head as a movie or book
There's the slamming of the screen door
There's your footsteps coming down the hall
There's that old feeling coming over me
I know I'm gonna answer your call
This space is dedicated to my favorite book blog posts every week since I don't do weekly recaps (I don't have the patience) and there are always posts that I LOVE! I am, once again, several weeks behind because I've been on vacation but that just means I have a ton of good links for you!
- Michelle wants to know if you're a loyal reader (YES!) and also needs your help with finding a date for Noah Czerny ♥♥♥!!
- Tonyalee has a great post re: Common Misconceptions About Book Bloggers
- Kim has some fantastic reads to put you in the mood for the Olympics!
- To binge-read or not to binge-read?
- Kristen is spot on re: Why Consistency in a Series is Important
- Keionda is back with an Unapologetic Love Letter to Daemon Black
- Do you have a favorite?: Who's your favorite hero and/or heroine in uniform?
- Nick is looking for guest posts for her romance blog, The Girl with the Happily Ever Afters!
- Great post from Beth re: having a niche (or not!)
- ♥♥♥: Mrs Bennet: Where’s Her Pride and Prejudice Retelling?
- Shannon has a great post re: Lesser Known (But Still Kind of Annoying) Tropes
- Cassi discusses "I Don't Take My Time Reading Anymore"
- 12 Romances That Will Keep You Up Past Midnight
- Awesome book look for Stormswept by Sabrina Jeffries (which I recently reviewed)!
- Novellas and Companion Books: Are They Really Necessary? (NOPE!)
- N&N: 2016 Releases We Think Deserve More Love
- Love this from Quite the Novel Idea: The Price of Being Connected ALL the Time
- Top 10 Cozy Mysteries
- Must read from Nicole: Sex and Violence in YA Books: Is There a Difference?
- NPR of the week: Colson Whitehead's 'Underground Railroad' Is A Literal Train To Freedom
- Favorite and #BESTNEWSEVER:
My editor is going to hate me, but I just outlined three books for a Ronan-centered trilogy.— Maggie Stiefvater (@mstiefvater) August 7, 2016