Skip to main content

Waiting on Wednesday: One True Loves by Taylor Jenkins Reid

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that you are eagerly anticipating.

Today, I am waiting on:  
One True Loves by Taylor Jenkins Reid



From Edelweiss:
From the author of Maybe in Another Life—named a People Magazine pick and a "Best Book of the Summer" by Glamour and USA TODAY—comes a breathtaking new love story about a woman unexpectedly forced to choose between the husband she has long thought dead and the fiancé who has finally brought her back to life. 
In her twenties, Emma Blair marries her high school sweetheart, Jesse. They build a life for themselves, far away from the expectations of their parents and the people of their hometown in Massachusetts. They travel the world together, living life to the fullest and seizing every opportunity for adventure.

On their first wedding anniversary, Jesse is on a helicopter over the Pacific when it goes missing. Just like that, Jesse is gone forever.

Emma quits her job and moves home in an effort to put her life back together. Years later, now in her thirties, Emma runs into an old friend, Sam, and finds herself falling in love again. When Emma and Sam get engaged, it feels like Emma’s second chance at happiness.

That is, until Jesse is found. He’s alive, and he’s been trying all these years to come home to her. With a husband and a fiancé, Emma has to now figure out who she is and what she wants, while trying to protect the ones she loves.

Who is her one true love? What does it mean to love truly?

Emma knows she has to listen to her heart. She’s just not sure what it’s saying.
I love this author and I can't wait for her latest!!  One True Loves is scheduled for release on June 7, 2016, and I can't wait!

What books are you waiting on this Wednesday??


Comments

  1. I'm reading my 1st TJR book next because of Nereyda and I can't wait! She made me request this one too and it's taken everything in me not to open the book and read the ending! I hope this lives up to your expectations, Eva! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added this ot my TBR recently. It sounds very emotionally and I cant wait to read it myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's totally new to me! Doesn't sound like my kind of read but hope you will love it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great minds, and all...this is my pick today too! I love this author. Here's mine: “ONE TRUE LOVES”

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just saw this one today on another WoW. I have never heard of it before, but it looks amazing!! Here's my WoW http://angelerin.blogspot.com/2016/01/waiting-on-wednesday-burning-world-warm.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh! What a situation to be in. Here you have one man who had been caught in such a tragedy and had been trying to return to the one he loves, only to find her engaged to another man. Christ! I'd love to read this one and find out what Emma does. I have no idea what I'd do in her shoes. Awesome pick! :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow this sounds really intense!!! I've never heard of this one before, but I definitely think it is something that I'd like to check out! Thanks for sharing :)
    here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, is it weird that I like the cover of the book but not the font?? Maybe I'm just being overly picky and/or slightly weird. Teehee! But I hope you like this book when it comes out! It sounds like it's going one epic! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wanted to cry just reading the synopsis! Hope you love it!! My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You and me both! That synopsis has me *so* excited for this one!

    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds like an interesting read! Totally adding this to my TBR.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maybe in Another Life was my first book by this author, even though I have her previous books on my shelf. I fell in love with her writing in that book. I'm looking forward to this one releasing, and it's really creating a buzz, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Saw this on another WoW today! I really want to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. *gasp* This book sounds amazing!! I mean, it sounds fantastic I can understand why you're waiting for it, I think I might read this one myself when it comes out (so far away....) :)

    Alex @ Book Chick

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hmm... I'm not sure this is my kind of read, but I really hope you enjoy it! :D

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It sounds really good. thanks for sharing.
    Here is My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sounds like a wonderful and heartwarming story. I hope you enjoy it when you read it.

    Thank you for sharing and for stopping by my post earlier. Happy reading!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  18. It sounds good, but I can't really get over how much I do NOT like the cover.


    Majanka @ I Heart Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This sounds wonderful! Thank you for sharing and visiting my wow :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I love this trope, sub-genre, setting: My Best Friend's Brother/My Brother's Best Friend

I Love This Trope, Sub-Genre, Setting is a new feature on my blog in which I discuss a trope, sub-genre or setting that I love and tell you about books that are shining examples of said trope, sub-genre or setting.  Feel free to play along and please let me know about your favorite books in this realm and whether you like this trope, sub-genre and/or setting as much as I do! Today I am spotlighting the trope of:  My Best Friend's Brother/My Brother's Best Friend , which I would define as any book where the heroine either has a crush on or falls for her brother's best friend or her best friend's brother. I have to confess that I love this trope in nearly all of its iterations!  I have a younger brother so I never got to crush on any of his friends but it's fun reading about that and it's equally as fun as reading about falling for your best friend's brother -- instant sisters!  I know there are a ton

Conversations With Myself (& Hopefully You): ARC Greed

This discussion is inspired by my feelings lately when reading and reviewing ARCs versus the feelings I had when I requested those same ARCs: ARC GREED ARC greed -- have we all experienced this?  What I even mean by this term is that I sometimes feel overwhelmed when looking at Netgalley and Edelweiss and  I sometimes over-request, if only because I can!  I get greedy when I see all the new and shiny ARCs available and I will sometimes request things that have even a hint of interest for me, not necessarily focusing only on those books that I really, really want.  The problem with this over-requesting and with getting greedy with requesting (and receiving) ARCs is when it comes time to read and review these ARCs.  Last month and this month, I have looked at my ARCs with a release date in each respective month and I just haven't wanted to read any of them.  I need to start asking myself -- If I was immediately approved for this ARC, would I read it right thi

Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases For the Rest of 2015

Top Ten Tuesday  is hosted by the fab ladies at  The Broke and the Bookish ! What books are you anticipating for the rest of this year?