Skip to main content

Waiting on Wednesday: Velvet Undercover by Teri Brown

 "Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that you are eagerly anticipating.

Today, I am waiting on:  
Velvet Undercover by Teri Brown!


From Goodreads:
Samantha Donaldson’s family has always done its duty for the British Crown. In the midst of World War I, seventeen-year-old Sam follows in their footsteps, serving her country from the homefront as a Girl Guide and messenger for the intelligence organization MI5. After her father disappears on a diplomatic mission, she continues their studies of languages, high-level mathematics, and complex puzzles and codes, hoping to make him proud.

When Sam is asked to join the famed women’s spy group La Dame Blanche she’s torn—this could be the adventure she’s dreamed of, but how can she abandon her mother, who has already lost a husband to the war? But when her handlers reveal shocking news, Sam realizes there’s no way she can refuse the exciting and dangerous opportunity.

Her acceptance leads her straight into the heart of enemy territory on a mission to extract the most valuable British spy embedded in Germany, known to the members of LDB only as Velvet. Deep undercover within the court of Kaiser Wilhelm II, Samantha must navigate the labyrinthine palace and its many glamorous—and secretive—residents to complete her assignment. To make matters worse she finds herself forming a forbidden attraction to the enemy-a dangerously handsome German guard. In a place where personal politics are treacherously entangled in wartime policy, can Samantha discover the truth and find Velvet before it’s too late…for them both?

From author Teri Brown comes the thrilling story of one girl’s journey into a deadly world of spycraft and betrayal—with unforgettable consequences.
I LOVE THIS COVER!  Something about it is so chic -- but then I read the GR summary and I knew I had to read about this teenage spy!  Velvet Undercover is scheduled for release on October 20, 2015 and you can pre-order here!!

What books are you waiting on this Wednesday??


Comments

  1. Oh my I love this cover too! And the synopsis. Thanks for the heads up, because this one just jumped to the top of my MBR pile. My WoW comes out next week and I'm thankful I don't have to wait very long for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds GREAT and I haven't heard of it yet. Thanks! Happy reading.
    Waiting on Weds @Libby Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh YES this is one of my most anticipated for the rest of 2015. It looks completely amazing and I hope you love it when you get to it :)
    Here's my http://thesestardustwords.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/waiting-on-wednesday-never-always.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! Been seeing this one around a lot! Hope you enjoy it too!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cover too! Another one I'll have to add to my TBR because I love reading historical fiction, especially centred around WW1 or WW2.

    Here's my WoW: http://bmariebooks.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who doesn't like a good book focused on a certain time period. I hope you love this it when it comes out.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh spies are always cool!
    here's our WOW

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this sounds so good! Adding to TBR list right now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cover is red, so I love it. I love everything red, and the blurb sounds really interesting! Hope you enjoy this book when it comes out!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pick! I can't wait for this one either. I've been seeing it around quite a bit and it sounds interesting.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's going to be really interesting to see how a teenage spy would be in that era! Very intriguing plot! Thanks for sharing&stopping by earlier :) Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pick!! I love spy books!! I currently finishing the Gallagher Girls series. I'll have to check this one out when I 'm done. Thanks for stopping by my WoW and sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This probably isn't my kind of read but I hope you love it! :D

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this cover a lot too and I can't wait to read the book! I really liked her previous series too. Hope you'll love it when you get to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh, I love that cover, too! Hope you enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'll admit it. I legit stared at the pretty font for more than ten seconds. The font, and the font alone, is the deal breaker for me. Plus, the girl on the front looks pretty interesting to read about. Yup. I'm going to buy it. But now, we have to endure this long and agonizing wait. Am I right??

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great pick. I love the cover. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Megan @ http://readingawaythedays.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! First time I've seen this one and I love the sound of it. Definitely adding it to my TBR list :O

    - Sam @ Falling Books

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't seen it around, but is looks beautiful and sounds really interesting. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I love this trope, sub-genre, setting: My Best Friend's Brother/My Brother's Best Friend

I Love This Trope, Sub-Genre, Setting is a new feature on my blog in which I discuss a trope, sub-genre or setting that I love and tell you about books that are shining examples of said trope, sub-genre or setting.  Feel free to play along and please let me know about your favorite books in this realm and whether you like this trope, sub-genre and/or setting as much as I do! Today I am spotlighting the trope of:  My Best Friend's Brother/My Brother's Best Friend , which I would define as any book where the heroine either has a crush on or falls for her brother's best friend or her best friend's brother. I have to confess that I love this trope in nearly all of its iterations!  I have a younger brother so I never got to crush on any of his friends but it's fun reading about that and it's equally as fun as reading about falling for your best friend's brother -- instant sisters!  I know there are a ton

Conversations With Myself (& Hopefully You): ARC Greed

This discussion is inspired by my feelings lately when reading and reviewing ARCs versus the feelings I had when I requested those same ARCs: ARC GREED ARC greed -- have we all experienced this?  What I even mean by this term is that I sometimes feel overwhelmed when looking at Netgalley and Edelweiss and  I sometimes over-request, if only because I can!  I get greedy when I see all the new and shiny ARCs available and I will sometimes request things that have even a hint of interest for me, not necessarily focusing only on those books that I really, really want.  The problem with this over-requesting and with getting greedy with requesting (and receiving) ARCs is when it comes time to read and review these ARCs.  Last month and this month, I have looked at my ARCs with a release date in each respective month and I just haven't wanted to read any of them.  I need to start asking myself -- If I was immediately approved for this ARC, would I read it right thi

Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases For the Rest of 2015

Top Ten Tuesday  is hosted by the fab ladies at  The Broke and the Bookish ! What books are you anticipating for the rest of this year?