Skip to main content

Waiting on Wednesday: Breakable by Tammara Webber

 "Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that you are eagerly anticipating.

Today, I am waiting on Breakable by Tammara Webber -- a new book by one of my favorite authors!  If you read Easy, Breakable is prequel about Lucas! 




He was lost and alone. Then he found her.
And the future seemed more fragile than ever.

As a child, Landon Lucas Maxfield believed his life was perfect and looked forward to a future filled with promise — until tragedy tore his family apart and made him doubt everything he ever believed.

All he wanted was to leave the past behind. When he met Jacqueline Wallace, his desire to be everything she needed came so easy…

As easy as it could be for a man who learned that the soul is breakable and that everything you hoped for could be ripped away in a heartbeat.

Note: "Breakable is not a sequel. It's a prequel story from Landon and the Easy story from Lucas. ...Breakable is Lucas's story - for those of you who wanted inside his head. It can be read as a stand-alone of its own, or as a companion to Easy.
Easy was one of my favorite books last year and Tammara has long said that she would not be writing a sequel.  However, I am so, so excited for a prequel and to learn more about Lucas!  I can't wait to read it!  It is scheduled for release on May 6, 2014.
What books are you waiting on this Wednesday??

Comments

  1. Doesn't sound like my kind of read but still hope you thoroughly enjoy it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I chose the same book this week. When a friend sent me the link to this on goodreads last week I almost lost it. I LOVED Easy and can't wait for this book. GREAT CHOICE!!

    Here is my WoW: http://jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2013/11/waiting-on-wednesday-breakable-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Easy but I'm not sure I will read this. I was really disappointed by Walking Disaster and this sounds like it will be something similar. I will definitely have to check out reviews though!

    Emily @ Falling For YA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you -- Walking Disaster was super disappointing after the first book.... hopefully this will be better since it's not much of a retelling of Easy (mostly takes place before I think...)

      Delete
  4. I haven't read Easy yet, but it has been on my list to read for a while! Thanks for sharing.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard great things about this author, but I've never read any of her books. Great pick and thanks for stopping by My WW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice! Pretty cover and interesting description :) Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    Sanna @ Fanciful Fictions

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read any of Tammara Webbers books, but I really hope you enjoy it!

    Thanks for stopping by!
    Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. I recently added this to my TBR list so I'm right there with on the waiting lol.
    Thanks for stopping by!
    Jenn @ Books and Swoons

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I love this trope, sub-genre, setting: My Best Friend's Brother/My Brother's Best Friend

I Love This Trope, Sub-Genre, Setting is a new feature on my blog in which I discuss a trope, sub-genre or setting that I love and tell you about books that are shining examples of said trope, sub-genre or setting.  Feel free to play along and please let me know about your favorite books in this realm and whether you like this trope, sub-genre and/or setting as much as I do! Today I am spotlighting the trope of:  My Best Friend's Brother/My Brother's Best Friend , which I would define as any book where the heroine either has a crush on or falls for her brother's best friend or her best friend's brother. I have to confess that I love this trope in nearly all of its iterations!  I have a younger brother so I never got to crush on any of his friends but it's fun reading about that and it's equally as fun as reading about falling for your best friend's brother -- instant sisters!  I know there are a ton

Conversations With Myself (& Hopefully You): ARC Greed

This discussion is inspired by my feelings lately when reading and reviewing ARCs versus the feelings I had when I requested those same ARCs: ARC GREED ARC greed -- have we all experienced this?  What I even mean by this term is that I sometimes feel overwhelmed when looking at Netgalley and Edelweiss and  I sometimes over-request, if only because I can!  I get greedy when I see all the new and shiny ARCs available and I will sometimes request things that have even a hint of interest for me, not necessarily focusing only on those books that I really, really want.  The problem with this over-requesting and with getting greedy with requesting (and receiving) ARCs is when it comes time to read and review these ARCs.  Last month and this month, I have looked at my ARCs with a release date in each respective month and I just haven't wanted to read any of them.  I need to start asking myself -- If I was immediately approved for this ARC, would I read it right thi

Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases For the Rest of 2015

Top Ten Tuesday  is hosted by the fab ladies at  The Broke and the Bookish ! What books are you anticipating for the rest of this year?