Monday Musts is a weekly event, started and hosted by Jessica @ Lovin' Los Libros, which asks you to highlight your must read, must listen and must see!
The Blue Bistro by Elin Hilderbrand
The Brian Jonestown Massacre - What You Isn't
The Blue Bistro by Elin Hilderbrand
Adrienne Dealey has spent the past six years working for hotels in exotic resort towns. This summer she has decided to make Nantucket home. Left flat broke by her ex-boyfriend, she is desperate to earn some fast money. When the desirable Thatcher Smith, owner of Nantucket's hottest restaurant, is the only one to offer her a job, she wonders if she can get by with no restaurant experience. Thatcher gives Adrienne a crash course in the business...and they share an instant attraction. But there is a mystery about their situation: what is it about Fiona, the Blue Bistro's chef, that captures Thatcher's attention again and again? And why does such a successful restaurant seem to be in its final season before closing its doors for good? Despite her uncertainty, Adrienne must decide whether to open her heart for the first time, or move on, as she always does.
Infused with intimate Nantucket detail and filled with the warmth of passion and the breeze of doubt, The Blue Bistro is perfect summer reading.
So in the past two weeks, I read all the new beach releases from Mary Kay Andrews, Dorothea Benton Frank and Nancy Thayer and none of them left me completely satisfied. It is probably time for a re-read of my all-time favorite, The Blue Bistro -- this one is so freaking good; it's set on Nantucket and takes place behind the scenes and in a fancy restaurant.
We saw BJM twice over Memorial Day weekend and this song was so freaking good live.
This space is dedicated to my favorite book blog posts every week since I don't do weekly recaps (I don't have the patience) and there are always posts that I LOVE! I am two weeks behind so forgive me for the excessive list!
- I LOVED Undecided so this was super fun from Shane: Julianna Keyes on 'Undecided', and what makes a story more interesting
- Michelle did an awesome job of pairing summer reads with summer accessories
- Quite the Novel Idea is out with latest "best book I ever read" and this week Liza is asking about your favorite series (mine is included)!
- Ali has a great list of summer shows and what to watch
- Jenn wants to know: do you lend out your books?
- Cynthia has a great discussion prompted by the horrid new YA DaVinci Code
- Kelly's post re: top travel books makes me want to go on a trip!!
- Books to Make (or Break) Your Summer
- Addicted to Romance is talking about the love/hate relationship with series (YES!)
- Dream Dates With Book Boyfriends !!!
- I've thought about this a lot: How Many Books Until You Give Up on an Author?
- So cute and true: 5 Types of What Fangirls Do After Finishing a Book
- Love this from N&N: When Nick and Nereyda Don't Like the Same Books
- Megan's latest This & That is awesome re: two psychological thrillers
- I adore Pop! Goes the Reader's latest Do! Judge a Book By Its Cover: Literary Fiction
- Must read: Feminism and Double Standards in Books
- BEST: The Artist Behind The ‘Sweet Valley High’ Covers Takes Commissions
- I really love Kim's new feature, Five Things Friday, to feature more of HER on her blog!
- Kind of MEH, NY Times: J. K. Rowling Just Can’t Let Harry Potter Go
- This post made me think: How accurate do you like your fiction?
- YES YES YES to Kathy's discussion re: the evolution of tastes, opinions and expectations of books
- Keionda asks What are your Reader Flaws?
- NPR of the week: 'Sweetbitter' Is A Savory Saga Of Restaurant Life And Love
- Lucia's latest installment of No More Waiting features my beloved Raven Boys -- great series recap!!
- Favorite post of the week: Why Is It Always Love?
- I try not to be political but this is fantastic: Open Letter from Writers on Trump
What are your Monday Musts??