Skip to main content

Review: No Ordinary Bloke by Mary Whitney

No Ordinary Bloke by Mary Whitney

Blurb from Goodreads:

I’m not a philosophical kind of bloke, but I know something about luck. A childhood on the wrong side of advantage will teach you that. It’s all a matter of chance. It’s both your circumstances and the chances you take. So I've always been a gambler and a ladies man — they love me and I love them. Now I've found one like no other — an American, Allison Wright. When I met her, the fates were on my side, but too soon I learned the odds were against me.
My Review:
No Ordinary Bloke is a companion story to Mary Whitney's Beside Your Heart series (review of book 3 of that series, Forever Your Heart, here).  This book is about Adam's cousin, David, who is introduced in that series although you need not read the series before this book as it is a stand-alone.  

What can I say about David?  Certainly sometimes he is crass but it was pretty awesome reading his story and his slow descent into love.  I really liked the fact that much of the book was set in England (although there were a lot of scenes in New York and a few elsewhere).  David's voice is so unique -- I truly felt like I was in head in reading this book but I adore Allison as well.  This was a slightly unorthodox pair but that made it all the more rewarding when they came together.  The fact that David truly had to take his time and work for it was so, so good.  As with all of Mary Whitney's books, I absolutely loved this one!   If you haven't read any of her books, I highly, HIGHLY recommend them all!!
"What started as a slow romantic kiss soon spun out of control.  It was like she'd been penned up, and she could finally release herself.  I felt the same way, but crikey.  I'd promised to restrain myself, and now the woman was all over me.  There we were in the middle of London, and all I could think was God bless America.  When those girls lost their inhibitions, all bets were off." 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beach Reads In August Giveaway Hop

I am so excited to be participating another giveaway hop, hosted by one of my favorite bloggers, Stuck in Books ! Step One:  You get to choose  ONE  of my favorite beach reads books (above and each image is linked to the  goodreads  description) as a physical book or an ebook.  If the book you choose is part of a series, you can choose any book in that series.   If you choose the ebook option for the  Love Me With Lies series , you will get all three books in the series! Step Two:   Open Internationally as long as the Book Depository ships to you or you can receive an ebook! Step Three : Enter in the Rafflecopter below!  Good luck! a Rafflecopter giveaway Check out the other participating blogs for more chances to win!

Snowed In? So Read Giveaway Hop!!

I am so excited to be participating in another giveaway hop, hosted by one of my favorite bloggers, Stuck in Books ! Step One:  You get to choose  ONE  of my favorite books (above and each image is linked to the goodreads description) as a physical book or an ebook.  If the book you choose is part of a series, you can choose any book in that series.   If you choose the ebook option for the  Love Me With Lies series , you will get all three books in the series! Step Two:   Open Internationally as long as the Book Depository ships to you or you can receive an ebook! Step Three : Enter in the Rafflecopter below!  Good luck! a Rafflecopter giveaway Check out the other participating blogs for more chances to win!

Conversations With Myself (& Hopefully You): Should There Be ARCs?

First of all, thank you SO much for reading my very first "discussion" post .  The response was so amazing and I am so grateful to each and every one of you that took the time to read it.  I would like to preface my next discussion post in the same way -- nothing is new and I'm sure that this topic has been discussed by someone, somewhere but this is what is on my mind: SHOULD THERE BE ARCs? Truly, not everything I think about and write about is regarding Maggie Stiefvater's epic series, The Raven Cycle , but it just so happens that this discussion post will mention this series, too.   Those of us that are obsessed with this series (like me) know that there will not be any ARCs for the highly (HIGHLY) anticipated last book of this series, The Raven King . There will be no ARCs (advanced reader copies). Y'all are just going to have to trust me. https://t.co/xYDv0q1tXN — Maggie Stiefvater (@mstiefvater) December 5, 2015 Oddly, I think this ...