Skip to main content

Review: Tidal by Emily Snow


Tidal by Emily Snow

Blurb from Goodreads:

Now that Willow Avery is out of rehab, she's got one chance left to prove herself before she’s officially on every producer’s crap list. At least, that's what her parents and agent are claiming. She doesn't really give a damn if she never makes another movie or not—she just wants to get on with her life, get back to her friends, and find her next escape. But Willow is broke. And whether she likes it or not, acting is the only job she knows how to do.

When she accepts the lead in a beach drama, Willow finds herself in Hawaii. And in Hawaii, she finds Cooper, the gorgeous surfer hired to train her for her new role. With the bluest eyes she’s ever seen and the sexiest Australian accent she’s ever heard, Cooper’s different from the men she’s used to. He doesn’t want to use her. And he refuses to let her fail. But when an old friend re-enters Willow’s life—a friend whose toxicity she’s been drawn to time and time before and whose presence brings about the painful memories she's tried so hard to suppress—Willow will have to choose between the girl she was and the person she’s becoming. The lifestyle that helps her forget the pain and the guy she’s falling hard for.


My Review:


I absolutely loved Devoured by Emily Snow and I was so excited to read her foray into NA. This book did not disappoint! The beginning of this book starts in LA, in a frenzied and harried rush. But when the characters fly to Hawaii, the entire book took on a relaxed, spiritual note. I really liked how Ms. Snow juxtaposed these two settings.

This is far from your average regular person falling in love with a movie star story. This movie star is flawed and struggles through the entire book. And despite the struggle, you will end up falling in love with Willow. Her struggle is our struggle as the book progresses. I found myself rooting for her and just despising her "friend" Jessica who tries to enable Willow and suck her back into the past. There are some very tense scenes and I imagine writing this book wasn't easy.

I loved this book - it was realistic, powerful and still romantic in spite of everything. I absolutely loved Willow and Cooper together; I felt like they were poetry in motion. That sounds silly but they were so right when they were finally together, finally free to be together. Another excellent book from Emily Snow!
“I love you Willow, but I can live without you. I just refuse to.”


Purchase on AMAZON


Comments

  1. I read this last month and completely agree with your review. It's a great book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new blog, Eva! I'm psyched to be your first follower.

    I think the cover and title are great for this novel, and your review makes me want to read it more. I get to go to Hawaii this summer for a psychology conference, yeah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer! it is slow going so far but hopefully it will get better! Thank you for following!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I love this trope, sub-genre, setting: My Best Friend's Brother/My Brother's Best Friend

I Love This Trope, Sub-Genre, Setting is a new feature on my blog in which I discuss a trope, sub-genre or setting that I love and tell you about books that are shining examples of said trope, sub-genre or setting.  Feel free to play along and please let me know about your favorite books in this realm and whether you like this trope, sub-genre and/or setting as much as I do! Today I am spotlighting the trope of:  My Best Friend's Brother/My Brother's Best Friend , which I would define as any book where the heroine either has a crush on or falls for her brother's best friend or her best friend's brother. I have to confess that I love this trope in nearly all of its iterations!  I have a younger brother so I never got to crush on any of his friends but it's fun reading about that and it's equally as fun as reading about falling for your best friend's brother -- instant sisters!  I know there are a ton

Conversations With Myself (& Hopefully You): ARC Greed

This discussion is inspired by my feelings lately when reading and reviewing ARCs versus the feelings I had when I requested those same ARCs: ARC GREED ARC greed -- have we all experienced this?  What I even mean by this term is that I sometimes feel overwhelmed when looking at Netgalley and Edelweiss and  I sometimes over-request, if only because I can!  I get greedy when I see all the new and shiny ARCs available and I will sometimes request things that have even a hint of interest for me, not necessarily focusing only on those books that I really, really want.  The problem with this over-requesting and with getting greedy with requesting (and receiving) ARCs is when it comes time to read and review these ARCs.  Last month and this month, I have looked at my ARCs with a release date in each respective month and I just haven't wanted to read any of them.  I need to start asking myself -- If I was immediately approved for this ARC, would I read it right thi

Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases For the Rest of 2015

Top Ten Tuesday  is hosted by the fab ladies at  The Broke and the Bookish ! What books are you anticipating for the rest of this year?