Skip to main content

Waiting on Wednesday: Us (Him #2) by Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy

 "Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that you are eagerly anticipating.

Today, I am waiting on:  
Us (Him #2) by Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy



From Goodreads:
Can your favorite hockey players finish their first season together undefeated?

Five months in, NHL forward Ryan Wesley is having a record-breaking rookie season. He's living his dream of playing pro hockey and coming home every night to the man he loves–Jamie Canning, his longtime best friend turned boyfriend. There's just one problem: the most important relationship of his life is one he needs to keep hidden, or else face a media storm that will eclipse his success on the ice.

Jamie loves Wes. He really, truly does. But hiding sucks. It's not the life Jamie envisioned for himself, and the strain of keeping their secret is taking its toll. It doesn't help that his new job isn't going as smoothly as he'd hoped, but he knows he can power through it as long as he has Wes. At least apartment 10B is their retreat, where they can always be themselves.

Or can they? When Wes's nosiest teammate moves in upstairs, the threads of their carefully woven lie begin to unravel. With the outside world determined to take its best shot at them, can Wes and Jamie develop major-league relationship skills on the fly?
If you haven't read Him, what are you waiting for?! I cannot recommend it enough. Us is scheduled for release on March 8, 2016, and I can't wait!

What books are you waiting on this Wednesday??


Comments

  1. I don't think that this is a book for me, but I hope you'll love it. Thanks for sharing, and happy Wednesday. :)
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hate books where they have to keep their relationship hidden. I understand why in this case but I think I am going to pass on this one.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK so I added Him to my wishlist. Not sure how I missed that one!!! Hope this one is as good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pick! Totally new to me read! Doesn't sound like my kind of read but still hope you love it!!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never read Him, but i'm interested enough to maybe check it out! definitely hope you enjoy this one :)
    here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read Him! I just recently found out about it. It does look good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice pick!! I love hockey and think this book has a lot of potential. I hope you enjoy it!!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. new to me but sounds good. hope that you get a chance to read it and enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm... I hadn't heard of this one and I'm not sure it's my kind of read, but I hope you love it! :D

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my god, how have I not heard of this series before? Now I really wanna buy 'Him'. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, with that cover, how can I resist?

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice book, seen lots of good things about Elle Kennedy-hope you like it!
    http://thebestbasicblogger.blogspot.com/2016/02/wishlist-winning-wednesday-states-theme.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had no idea these two were collaborating! A sports (hockey) book? It looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've not read anything by this collab before. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a fantastic week. :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't read M/M but I've heard great things about the first book in this series... I hope you love this one when you get your hands on a copy :)
    Danielle @ Life With Two Boys

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ok, this book sounds really good, I'm SO up for it!
    Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog earlier :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes, yes, YESSSSS! I can't wait! I'm a little nervous because I don't want to see problems with Jamie and Wes, but I'm all for more sexy times!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like it could be a very fun and sexy book! Great pick!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I love this trope, sub-genre, setting: My Best Friend's Brother/My Brother's Best Friend

I Love This Trope, Sub-Genre, Setting is a new feature on my blog in which I discuss a trope, sub-genre or setting that I love and tell you about books that are shining examples of said trope, sub-genre or setting.  Feel free to play along and please let me know about your favorite books in this realm and whether you like this trope, sub-genre and/or setting as much as I do! Today I am spotlighting the trope of:  My Best Friend's Brother/My Brother's Best Friend , which I would define as any book where the heroine either has a crush on or falls for her brother's best friend or her best friend's brother. I have to confess that I love this trope in nearly all of its iterations!  I have a younger brother so I never got to crush on any of his friends but it's fun reading about that and it's equally as fun as reading about falling for your best friend's brother -- instant sisters!  I know there are a ton

Conversations With Myself (& Hopefully You): ARC Greed

This discussion is inspired by my feelings lately when reading and reviewing ARCs versus the feelings I had when I requested those same ARCs: ARC GREED ARC greed -- have we all experienced this?  What I even mean by this term is that I sometimes feel overwhelmed when looking at Netgalley and Edelweiss and  I sometimes over-request, if only because I can!  I get greedy when I see all the new and shiny ARCs available and I will sometimes request things that have even a hint of interest for me, not necessarily focusing only on those books that I really, really want.  The problem with this over-requesting and with getting greedy with requesting (and receiving) ARCs is when it comes time to read and review these ARCs.  Last month and this month, I have looked at my ARCs with a release date in each respective month and I just haven't wanted to read any of them.  I need to start asking myself -- If I was immediately approved for this ARC, would I read it right thi

Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases For the Rest of 2015

Top Ten Tuesday  is hosted by the fab ladies at  The Broke and the Bookish ! What books are you anticipating for the rest of this year?