Skip to main content

TAGGED: THE BOOK BLOGGER TEST!


I was tagged by Megan from Reading Books Like a Boss to answer some fun questions!   Thanks Megan!!
Check out the end of the post to see who I’VE TAGGED!

What are your top 3 book hates?
  1. Like Nereyda, the OOPS! pregnancy is a BIG turn-off for me!  So predictable and never good.  Almost always a DNF for me.
  2. World-building -- it's just not for me.
  3. Lack of communication / break-ups because of a simple misunderstanding in which neither character just emits a simple truth!  I can't stand (and it is so common lately, especially in NA) when half of a book is devoted to the love interests in turmoil because of a communication breakdown and/or simple misunderstanding.  So frustrating -- TALK IT OUT!!
Describe your perfect reading spot:

I know this was asked in a Feature and Follow Friday.  My post is here.  Essentially, I love reading outside, on the beach with a view, or under a blanket by the fire, depending on the weather.  I have a great chair by one of our stoves and I read there every morning before work!

Tell us three book confessions:
  1. I never read print books anymore.  EVER. I am a kindle addict and I seriously have no use for print books.
  2. I've never read anything by John Green.  I own three of his books but I can't bring myself to read them.
  3. I am terrible at reviewing books -- I love reading and I love reading reviews of books I've read but I have such a hard time writing meaningful reviews.  If I love a book, it's really hard for me to communicate why I loved it.  It's much easier to tear a bad book apart and write a negative review, but who wants to do that all the time?
When was the last time you cried while reading?

I am definitely not a big crier while reading!  I think I have only cried twice while reading -- the last time was the ending of The Opportunist by Tarryn Fisher.  The only other time was while reading Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah, which I didn't even enjoy that much but it was such a sad and depressing ending.

How many books are on your bedside?

A big fat ZERO.  Just my kindle!

What is your favorite snack while reading?

I don't love to snack while reading, honestly.  I usually am drinking sparkling water but I don't really snack while reading.

Name three books you would recommend to anyone?

That is so difficult since everyone I know really has certain genres that they love but I would say:
  1. The Opportunist by Tarryn Fisher.  This series has no equal for me although Mud Vein was absolutely incredible and indescribable.   
  2. The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt.  I thought no book could top The Secret History but The Goldfinch did it.  I recommended this to everyone from my law partner to my mother in law and to my brother, and they all loved it!
  3. When You Are Engulfed in Flames by David Sedaris.  I have read and/or listened to all of his books and they are all phenomenal but this one is probably my favorite.  So funny and so true regarding family.
Show us a picture of your favorite bookshelf on your bookcase:

This is so sad but I seriously have so few print books anymore.  I will update this with a picture of the ones I do have (almost all Linda Howard) when I get home.

Write how much books mean to you in three words:

Can't. Stop. Reading.

What is your biggest reading secret?

No one in my real life knows I have a book blog (even if I am so bad at updating it!)

I'm TAGGING:

Comments

  1. Let's campaign for birth control in books!
    I'm not a fan of too much world-building, it makes my brain hurt. Remembering so many names and places is just not for me although some books have worked.
    OMG, your number 3! I forgot all about that! I read this book once where the girl got stood up my her boyfriend and she was so freaking devastated that she just moved across the country and started a whole new life. She didn't even bother to see WHY he didn't show up for her date. Turns out, it was something dumb like a family emergency. I DNF that book. I can't stand that shit.
    I've never read anything by John Green either, he has such a huge fanbase that it's kind of intimidating...
    Tip: don't worry about writing meaningful or good reviews. Just write them. Who cares if people dont like them or if they are super short. Sometimes I read back on old reviews and I feel like doing a face palm. Like, did I really say that???
    And yes, it is so much easier to write reviews on books you hated than books you love. Sad but true.
    You and Megan need to chat about Mud Vein. She read it 3 times in a row and was a mess after it :)
    Except for my immediate family, no one knows I blog either. I kind of feel silly about it because I don't know anyone who really reads or loves books like I do.
    Awesome post Eva!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I love this trope, sub-genre, setting: My Best Friend's Brother/My Brother's Best Friend

I Love This Trope, Sub-Genre, Setting is a new feature on my blog in which I discuss a trope, sub-genre or setting that I love and tell you about books that are shining examples of said trope, sub-genre or setting.  Feel free to play along and please let me know about your favorite books in this realm and whether you like this trope, sub-genre and/or setting as much as I do! Today I am spotlighting the trope of:  My Best Friend's Brother/My Brother's Best Friend , which I would define as any book where the heroine either has a crush on or falls for her brother's best friend or her best friend's brother. I have to confess that I love this trope in nearly all of its iterations!  I have a younger brother so I never got to crush on any of his friends but it's fun reading about that and it's equally as fun as reading about falling for your best friend's brother -- instant sisters!  I know there are a ton

Conversations With Myself (& Hopefully You): ARC Greed

This discussion is inspired by my feelings lately when reading and reviewing ARCs versus the feelings I had when I requested those same ARCs: ARC GREED ARC greed -- have we all experienced this?  What I even mean by this term is that I sometimes feel overwhelmed when looking at Netgalley and Edelweiss and  I sometimes over-request, if only because I can!  I get greedy when I see all the new and shiny ARCs available and I will sometimes request things that have even a hint of interest for me, not necessarily focusing only on those books that I really, really want.  The problem with this over-requesting and with getting greedy with requesting (and receiving) ARCs is when it comes time to read and review these ARCs.  Last month and this month, I have looked at my ARCs with a release date in each respective month and I just haven't wanted to read any of them.  I need to start asking myself -- If I was immediately approved for this ARC, would I read it right thi

Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases For the Rest of 2015

Top Ten Tuesday  is hosted by the fab ladies at  The Broke and the Bookish ! What books are you anticipating for the rest of this year?