Skip to main content

Waiting on Wednesday: The Most Dangerous Place on Earth by Lindsey Lee Johnson

 "Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that you are eagerly anticipating.

Today, I am waiting on:  
The Most Dangerous Place on Earth by Lindsey Lee Johnson



From Goodreads:
A captivating debut novel for readers of Celeste Ng's Everything I Never Told You and Curtis Sittenfeld's Prep, The Most Dangerous Place on Earth unleashes an unforgettable cast of characters into a realm known for its cruelty and peril: the American high school.

In an idyllic community of wealthy California families, new teacher Molly Nicoll becomes intrigued by the hidden lives of her privileged students. Unknown to Molly, a middle school tragedy in which they were all complicit continues to reverberate for her kids: Nick, the brilliant scam artist; Emma, the gifted dancer and party girl; Dave, the B student who strives to meet his parents expectations; Calista, the hippie outcast who hides her intelligence for reasons of her own. Theirs is a world in which every action may become public postable, shareable, indelible. With the rare talent that transforms teenage dramas into compelling and urgent fiction, Lindsey Lee Johnson makes vivid a modern adolescence lived in the gleam of the virtual, but rich with the sorrow, passion, and beauty of life in any time, and at any age. 
A comparison to Prep will get me every time!  The Most Dangerous Place on Earth is scheduled to be released on January 3, 2017, and I can't wait to read it!

What books are you waiting on this Wednesday??


Comments

  1. That's a new to me one! Not sure if it's my kind of read but I hope you love it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks interesting. I'd be interested in seeing your review for this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That blurb sounded so vague. It definitely makes me want to pick up the book!
    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks really awesome, I like the idea that it will go through generations :) hope you end up enjoying!
    here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick! This is like a modern day Breakfast Club with a twist. Bringing all of the kids with different backgrounds together. I am definitely adding this to my TBR list. Thanks for sharing!

    My WOW: http://jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2016/06/waiting-on-wednesday-take-key-and-lock.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book is new to me! Thanks for sharing!
    Happy Reading! <a href="http://paulettespapers.com/?p=10744”>Dani @ Paulette’s Papers</a>

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very intriguing. I'd like to learn more about each character and see how the story turns out. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm, sounds good. :D The blurb is a bit vague & I'm not familiar with the books it's compared to, but I definitely want to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks interesting! I haven't read anything from this author but I hope it lives up to your expectations :)

    I’m waiting for “The Sun is Also a Star” by Nicola Yoon:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one is on my wish list, too. I'm really hoping it's great for both of us, when and if I get to read it, that is. I'm so swamped with library books coming in that have been on hold.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read Prep or Everything I Never Told You but this sounds pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This book is new to me, but it sounds good. I hope you enjoy reading it, Eva.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  13. Somewhere I think I saw this or read about this one. I wonder how the teacher gets involved????? Great pick!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have read neither Prep nor Everything I Never Told You, but this synopsis is enough to make me want to try this book. Sure sounds intriguing! Great pick, Eva!

    This week, I'm waiting on a prehistoric fantasy! Check it out here

    ReplyDelete
  15. This one is totally new to me! It's not really my kind of read, but it's interesting enough that I might have to check it out...

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't heard of this one yet! It sounds great. I added it to my to read list on Goodreads. :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I love this trope, sub-genre, setting: My Best Friend's Brother/My Brother's Best Friend

I Love This Trope, Sub-Genre, Setting is a new feature on my blog in which I discuss a trope, sub-genre or setting that I love and tell you about books that are shining examples of said trope, sub-genre or setting.  Feel free to play along and please let me know about your favorite books in this realm and whether you like this trope, sub-genre and/or setting as much as I do! Today I am spotlighting the trope of:  My Best Friend's Brother/My Brother's Best Friend , which I would define as any book where the heroine either has a crush on or falls for her brother's best friend or her best friend's brother. I have to confess that I love this trope in nearly all of its iterations!  I have a younger brother so I never got to crush on any of his friends but it's fun reading about that and it's equally as fun as reading about falling for your best friend's brother -- instant sisters!  I know there are a ton

Conversations With Myself (& Hopefully You): ARC Greed

This discussion is inspired by my feelings lately when reading and reviewing ARCs versus the feelings I had when I requested those same ARCs: ARC GREED ARC greed -- have we all experienced this?  What I even mean by this term is that I sometimes feel overwhelmed when looking at Netgalley and Edelweiss and  I sometimes over-request, if only because I can!  I get greedy when I see all the new and shiny ARCs available and I will sometimes request things that have even a hint of interest for me, not necessarily focusing only on those books that I really, really want.  The problem with this over-requesting and with getting greedy with requesting (and receiving) ARCs is when it comes time to read and review these ARCs.  Last month and this month, I have looked at my ARCs with a release date in each respective month and I just haven't wanted to read any of them.  I need to start asking myself -- If I was immediately approved for this ARC, would I read it right thi

Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases For the Rest of 2015

Top Ten Tuesday  is hosted by the fab ladies at  The Broke and the Bookish ! What books are you anticipating for the rest of this year?