Skip to main content

Monday Musts: 53 Letters for My Lover, Trigger Hippy and Another Catch-Up!


Monday Musts is a weekly event, started and hosted by Jessica @ Lovin' Los Libros, which asks you to highlight your must read, must listen and must see!

MUST READ!
53 Letters for My Lover by Leylah Attar



From Goodreads:
This is not your typical love story. 
It’s not so black and white. Lines are crossed. 
Walls are smashed. Good becomes bad. 
Bad becomes very, very good.

Shayda Hijazi—the perfect wife, the perfect mother, the perfect daughter. For thirty-three years, she has played by the rules, swallowing secrets, burying dreams and doing whatever it takes to anchor her family. Shayda Hijazi is about to come face to face with the one thing that can rip it all apart, the one thing her heart has always been denied: Love.

Troy Heathgate—untamed, exhilarating, dangerous—a man who does exactly as he pleases. Life bends to his will. Until he comes across the one thing he would give it all up for, but can never have.

Born on the same day in opposite corners of the world, their lives collide. And nothing is ever the same again. 

Spanning three decades, 53 Letters for My Lover is a fiercely sensual, emotional ride to the heart of an epic, forbidden love that defies it all—an intimate exploration of love, loyalty, passion, betrayal, and the human journey for hope, happiness and redemption.
I still cannot thank Megan enough for recommending this book a few years ago if you (like me) love the Love Me With Lies series by Tarryn Fisher (side note: this is one of my all time favorites and if you haven't read it, DO!).  Over the weekend, I had the biggest desire to re-read 53 Letters and I did -- I devoured it in one day and was reminded why I love it so much! Highly recommended beautiful and romantic love story!


MUST LISTEN!


Trigger Hippy - Cave Hill Cemetery


Even though this album is a few years old, I've been listening to it a ton this summer.  This song is so lyrical that I can imagine it in my head as a movie or book
There's the slamming of the screen door
There's your footsteps coming down the hall
There's that old feeling coming over me 
I know I'm gonna answer your call
MUST SEE!
This space is dedicated to my favorite book blog posts every week since I don't do weekly recaps (I don't have the patience) and there are always posts that I LOVE!  I am, once again, several weeks behind because I've been on vacation but that just means I have a ton of good links for you!
What are your Monday Musts??

Comments

  1. Ooh 53 Letters sounds amazing! I need to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will so have to check out 53 Letters. I hadn't heard of that one before!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alright, 53 letters sounds like the MOST INTENSE read EVER! The ending is going to wreck me isn't it?! And thank you for putting my Mrs B post up there! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I'm wondering where I've been that I've not even heard of 53 Letters. It sounds positively epic so I'll definitely be looking into it more closely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. will check out 53 letters, also happy to see you highlighting other blog posts, I want to do something similar added to my books scoop! Great Post!!
    Tori @ In Tori Lex

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hadn't heard of this book before but it sounds so good! I also love that cover.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for putting all those posts together, I will go visit a few.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, I am so sold! I was already really interested from the blurb, but then you mentioned the Tarryn Fisher series .... omg, love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the shout out on Romance and Sensibility ! I haven't read The Raven King yet but when I saw that tweet I got so excited ! It looks like she gave it to her editor and everything !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, I'd completely forgotten that I have 53 Letter for my Lover! I really need to pull that one out and read it...sometime. And I love the Love Me with Lies series. That's Tarryn Fisher's shining moment in my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for including my post one your round ups! :D I've also checked out the other posts and they are GREAT! I discovered some of my favorite posts and bloggers thanks you you <3 great post and thank you for stopping by on Sparkling Letters earlier :)

    My BLOG : http://pupuutc.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok, I have 53 Letters on my TBR (I loved the other book I read by this author), but I hadn't heard the comparison to LMWL (which is one of my favorite series, too!). Now I need to read this one asap!!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I loved 53 Letters for My Lover so much and I don't see it around a lot so I'm glad you enjoyed it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh 532 Letters For My Lover is a book I HAVE to try out. I just bumped it to the top of my list on books to buy next!!! It sounds so wonderful. Hope you are enjoying your week so far.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG thank you so much for linking my posts!! I'm now checking out some of the other links you've got there. Some super interesting topics :) ALSO, I am DYING about that Maggie tweet!! DYING!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Megan keeps telling me about 53 Letters and I do love the Love Me With Lies series so much...so I guess I have to read this too :)

    Nereyda│ Nick & Nereyda’s Infinite Booklist

    ReplyDelete
  17. OK, 53 Letters sounds fan-freaking-tastic. I LOVED Tarryn's series, so I think I pretty much have to make time to read this one, no? And thanks for the shout out in your posts section! Now I need to go back and see what I've missed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Woohoo!!!! I get inklings to reread books. It's nice to revisit the good oldies. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I love this trope, sub-genre, setting: My Best Friend's Brother/My Brother's Best Friend

I Love This Trope, Sub-Genre, Setting is a new feature on my blog in which I discuss a trope, sub-genre or setting that I love and tell you about books that are shining examples of said trope, sub-genre or setting.  Feel free to play along and please let me know about your favorite books in this realm and whether you like this trope, sub-genre and/or setting as much as I do! Today I am spotlighting the trope of:  My Best Friend's Brother/My Brother's Best Friend , which I would define as any book where the heroine either has a crush on or falls for her brother's best friend or her best friend's brother. I have to confess that I love this trope in nearly all of its iterations!  I have a younger brother so I never got to crush on any of his friends but it's fun reading about that and it's equally as fun as reading about falling for your best friend's brother -- instant sisters!  I know there are a ton

Conversations With Myself (& Hopefully You): ARC Greed

This discussion is inspired by my feelings lately when reading and reviewing ARCs versus the feelings I had when I requested those same ARCs: ARC GREED ARC greed -- have we all experienced this?  What I even mean by this term is that I sometimes feel overwhelmed when looking at Netgalley and Edelweiss and  I sometimes over-request, if only because I can!  I get greedy when I see all the new and shiny ARCs available and I will sometimes request things that have even a hint of interest for me, not necessarily focusing only on those books that I really, really want.  The problem with this over-requesting and with getting greedy with requesting (and receiving) ARCs is when it comes time to read and review these ARCs.  Last month and this month, I have looked at my ARCs with a release date in each respective month and I just haven't wanted to read any of them.  I need to start asking myself -- If I was immediately approved for this ARC, would I read it right thi

Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases For the Rest of 2015

Top Ten Tuesday  is hosted by the fab ladies at  The Broke and the Bookish ! What books are you anticipating for the rest of this year?