Skip to main content

Monday Musts: Summer Sisters, Doyle Bramhall II, and LOTS of Links


Monday Musts is a weekly event, started and hosted by Jessica @ Lovin' Los Libros, which asks you to highlight your must read, must listen and must see!

MUST READ!
Summer Sisters by Judy Blume



From Goodreads:
In the summer of 1977, Victoria Leonard's world changed forever—-when Caitlin Somers chose her as a friend. Dazzling, reckless Caitlin welcomed Vix into the heart of her sprawling, eccentric family, opening doors to a world of unimaginable privilege, sweeping her away to vacations on Martha's Vineyard, a magical, wind-blown island where two friends became summer sisters...

Now, years later, Vix is working in New York City. Caitlin is getting married on the Vineyard. And the early magic of their long, complicated friendship has faded. But Caitlin has begged Vix to come to her wedding, to be her maid of honor. And Vix knows that she will go—for the friend whose casual betrayals she remembers all too well. Because Vix wants to understand what happened during that last shattering summer. And, after all these years, she needs to know why her best friend—her summer sister—still has the power to break her heart... 
I never read this when it first came out despite all the hype but I was in such a mood for a great summer read that I picked it up over the 4th of July weekend and finally read it -- so much love!! Perfect summer/beach read!


MUST LISTEN!


Doyle Bramhall II - Green Light Girl


We saw DB2 a few weeks ago since our friend is playing in his band now and it was so fun! 

MUST SEE!
This space is dedicated to my favorite book blog posts every week since I don't do weekly recaps (I don't have the patience) and there are always posts that I LOVE!  I am several weeks behind so, um, there are a LOT!
What are your Monday Musts??
ICYMI: I'm giving away a copy of Ink & Bone by Rachel Caine!

Comments

  1. I don't know I haven't read Summer Sisters yet. Lots of links I need to check out!! Thanks for sharing them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to admit this, but I've never read a Judy Blume book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you loved Summer Sisters! It's been years since I read it so I don't remember details, just the main plots of the story, but I know I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH my gosh Judy Blume! Take me back to my childhood! LOL. That sounds really cute! I'll definitely have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn it Eva, I may never get over sleeping through my chance to meet Ann M. Martin. I thought I had made peace with it, but apparently NOPE. I'll be over in the corner crying now.

    I also just spent way too long in the rabbit hole of the rest of the amazing links you shared! My Monday Musts for YOU? Well... The 100 Season 3 comes out on DVD in a couple days so I am rewatching. And Hamilton is in my head again. So umm you should probably not ask me, or if you do, know that my answer will always be "one of my problematic obsessions". 😂

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beach Reads In August Giveaway Hop

I am so excited to be participating another giveaway hop, hosted by one of my favorite bloggers, Stuck in Books ! Step One:  You get to choose  ONE  of my favorite beach reads books (above and each image is linked to the  goodreads  description) as a physical book or an ebook.  If the book you choose is part of a series, you can choose any book in that series.   If you choose the ebook option for the  Love Me With Lies series , you will get all three books in the series! Step Two:   Open Internationally as long as the Book Depository ships to you or you can receive an ebook! Step Three : Enter in the Rafflecopter below!  Good luck! a Rafflecopter giveaway Check out the other participating blogs for more chances to win!

Snowed In? So Read Giveaway Hop!!

I am so excited to be participating in another giveaway hop, hosted by one of my favorite bloggers, Stuck in Books ! Step One:  You get to choose  ONE  of my favorite books (above and each image is linked to the goodreads description) as a physical book or an ebook.  If the book you choose is part of a series, you can choose any book in that series.   If you choose the ebook option for the  Love Me With Lies series , you will get all three books in the series! Step Two:   Open Internationally as long as the Book Depository ships to you or you can receive an ebook! Step Three : Enter in the Rafflecopter below!  Good luck! a Rafflecopter giveaway Check out the other participating blogs for more chances to win!

Conversations With Myself (& Hopefully You): Should There Be ARCs?

First of all, thank you SO much for reading my very first "discussion" post .  The response was so amazing and I am so grateful to each and every one of you that took the time to read it.  I would like to preface my next discussion post in the same way -- nothing is new and I'm sure that this topic has been discussed by someone, somewhere but this is what is on my mind: SHOULD THERE BE ARCs? Truly, not everything I think about and write about is regarding Maggie Stiefvater's epic series, The Raven Cycle , but it just so happens that this discussion post will mention this series, too.   Those of us that are obsessed with this series (like me) know that there will not be any ARCs for the highly (HIGHLY) anticipated last book of this series, The Raven King . There will be no ARCs (advanced reader copies). Y'all are just going to have to trust me. https://t.co/xYDv0q1tXN — Maggie Stiefvater (@mstiefvater) December 5, 2015 Oddly, I think this ...