Skip to main content

Review: Exposed (Just One Night #2) by Kyra Davis


Exposed (Just One Night #2) by Kyra Davis

Blurb from Goodreads:

Part 2 of the Just One Night series. One passionate night with a stranger turned Kasie’s world upside down, and just when she thought she was getting the hang of things, her fiancé finds out...

You should sleep with a stranger —those words whispered in her ear by her best friend became a challenge Kasie took to heart. Suddenly, the man who gave her the most shocking pleasure in that upscale Vegas hotel —a man whose name she never bothered to find out —is her company’s biggest client.

As this unknown man becomes Mr. Dade at the office, and Mr. Dade becomes Robert in the bedroom, Kasie’s passion won’t let her deny him anything he wants. But when her fiancé, Dave, finds out, there’s no telling what he will do to keep her, or what Robert will do to steal her away once and for all.


My Review:


You can read my review of The Stranger (Just One Night, Part 1) here. I was definitely intrigued by the first book although there were some definitely concerns for me. Unfortunately, the second book started out well but did not catch fire. I'm not sure exactly where the story is going now...and if I even want to find out.

In the second book of this series, Kasie is even more confused about what she wants. I don't want to give anything away because there is definitely a lot of anticipation in most of the second book, waiting to find out what Kasie's fate will be with her fiancé. However, the resolution of what was at first written to be a very serious situation left me unsatisfied. It was resolved too easily and too quickly for a situation that was so built up.

I was also incredibly disheartened by the way Kasie was treated, both by Robert and her fiancé. It was cruel and sad no matter the resolution. I'm also not sure if it was in her fiancé's character's nature that was described in the first book. The second book just feels disjointed -- it does end with a cliffhanger but it is one that Kasie self imposes. We will have to see if the third book neatly wraps things up or has anything to offer . . .


Pre-Order on AMAZON, scheduled to release March 18, 2013


Comments

  1. Sorry this was a disappointment for you. Hope your next is better.
    Happy reading,
    Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you mean you didn't like the way Kasie was treated in the fiction or that the way she was treated by her fiance made it seem like he became a different character? I felt in the first book Robert (the stranger from Vegas) was very manipulative in a very sly way. I think her fiance snapped. But I won't know until I get book 2. Aggghhh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I mean that the way she was treated by her fiance made him seem like a totally different character. You are so right, though -- he did snap and sometimes that can make a person do something drastic! But poor Kasie -- there is a point in the second book that is humiliating! I can't wait for you to read it!!!

      Delete
  3. I really enjoyed the first book. But given the way the fiance acted, I was dying to know what would come of Kasie. Sorry this was disappointing. I haven't started it yet. I will tonight. Man, I feel a possible ranting coming on. Oh boy. Great review hon. New follower :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diana -- I still want to know what will happen but whoa I thought the second book went off the deep end! Let me know what you think!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beach Reads In August Giveaway Hop

I am so excited to be participating another giveaway hop, hosted by one of my favorite bloggers, Stuck in Books ! Step One:  You get to choose  ONE  of my favorite beach reads books (above and each image is linked to the  goodreads  description) as a physical book or an ebook.  If the book you choose is part of a series, you can choose any book in that series.   If you choose the ebook option for the  Love Me With Lies series , you will get all three books in the series! Step Two:   Open Internationally as long as the Book Depository ships to you or you can receive an ebook! Step Three : Enter in the Rafflecopter below!  Good luck! a Rafflecopter giveaway Check out the other participating blogs for more chances to win!

Snowed In? So Read Giveaway Hop!!

I am so excited to be participating in another giveaway hop, hosted by one of my favorite bloggers, Stuck in Books ! Step One:  You get to choose  ONE  of my favorite books (above and each image is linked to the goodreads description) as a physical book or an ebook.  If the book you choose is part of a series, you can choose any book in that series.   If you choose the ebook option for the  Love Me With Lies series , you will get all three books in the series! Step Two:   Open Internationally as long as the Book Depository ships to you or you can receive an ebook! Step Three : Enter in the Rafflecopter below!  Good luck! a Rafflecopter giveaway Check out the other participating blogs for more chances to win!

Conversations With Myself (& Hopefully You): Should There Be ARCs?

First of all, thank you SO much for reading my very first "discussion" post .  The response was so amazing and I am so grateful to each and every one of you that took the time to read it.  I would like to preface my next discussion post in the same way -- nothing is new and I'm sure that this topic has been discussed by someone, somewhere but this is what is on my mind: SHOULD THERE BE ARCs? Truly, not everything I think about and write about is regarding Maggie Stiefvater's epic series, The Raven Cycle , but it just so happens that this discussion post will mention this series, too.   Those of us that are obsessed with this series (like me) know that there will not be any ARCs for the highly (HIGHLY) anticipated last book of this series, The Raven King . There will be no ARCs (advanced reader copies). Y'all are just going to have to trust me. https://t.co/xYDv0q1tXN — Maggie Stiefvater (@mstiefvater) December 5, 2015 Oddly, I think this ...