Skip to main content

Waiting on Wednesday: The Fixer (The Fixer #1) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

 "Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that you are eagerly anticipating.

Today, I am waiting on:  
The Fixer (The Fixer #1) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes!


From Goodreads:
When sixteen-year-old Tess Kendrick is sent to live with her older sister, Ivy, she has no idea that the infamous Ivy Kendrick is Washington D.C.'s #1 “fixer,” known for making politicians' scandals go away for a price. No sooner does Tess enroll at Hardwicke Academy than she unwittingly follows in her sister's footsteps and becomes D.C.'s premier high school fixer, solving problems for elite teens.

Secrets pile up as each sister lives a double life. . . . until their worlds come crashing together and Tess finds herself in the middle of a conspiracy with one of her classmates and a client of Ivy's. Suddenly, there is much more on the line than good grades, money, or politics, and the price for this fix might be more than Tess is willing to pay.

Perfect for fans of Pretty Little Liars and Heist Society, readers will be clamoring for more in this exciting new series.
I've heard this book described as a YA version of Scandal so you know I want to read this one!  The Fixer is scheduled for release on July 7, 2015 and you can pre-order here!!

What books are you waiting on this Wednesday??


Comments

  1. First time I've seen this one mentioned. Hope you enjoy it.

    My WoW @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been interested in reading this one, but not sure if I'd like it or not. Your tag has Veronica Mars and I absolutely love that show. Are comparisons being made with this book and that show? Hmmm... I might have to check it out now. Happy Reading ~ Beth @ Perpetual New Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard some good things about this book, but I'm not sure if I'll read it or not. I hope you enjoy it!

    Check out my WoW - http://onceuntold.blogspot.com/2015/06/waiting-on-wednesday-song-of-david-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick! I can't wait to get my hands on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen Scandal but this sounds like A Nereyda kind of book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked Pretty Little Liars, so I might consider this one. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoy Jennifer Lynn Barnes' The Naturals duo, and I also looove Scandal, so this is definitely one I'll be checking out! Thank you for introducing me!
    Here's my WoW if you want to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks SO good. I've never read anything by Jen Lynn Barnes but I think this will be my first. Someone at Bloomsbury just said it was so thriller-y and not so romancey and just great good fun. Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW: http://rachelwritesthings.blogspot.com/2015/06/waiting-on-wednesday-way-i-used-to-be.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw this on NetGalley some time ago, but unfortunately they declined my request: boo! So I definitely am waiting for this one too :) Sounds so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh nice! Seeing this one around a lot lately! Hope you enjoy this one too!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have not read anything by Jennifer Lynn Barnes before, but I'm seeing this one around a lot lately and I'm super curious! :) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven’t seen SCANDAL (yet) but I’ve heard some good things about this one. Can’t wait for it either! Great WoW pick :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait to read this! I hope we both enjoy it.
    Thanks for stopping by My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a great pick! Barnes is one of my favorite authors simply because all of her storylines are unique and fun. I hope you love this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So much scandal & so much intrigue! Hope you enjoy it when you get to reading it! Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  16. This doesn't sound like my sort of read, but I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! This sounds like one we have GOT to get at our high school! Thanks for sharing. Happy reading.
    Waiting on Weds @Libby Blog

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great pick!! I'm currently reading my first Jennifer Lynn Barnes book....The Naturals...and I'm really enjoying it. I'll have to add this to my TBR list as well. Thanks for sharing!

    Here is my WoW: http://www.jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2015/06/waiting-on-wednesday-see-how-they-run.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't heard of this one before. I hope you end up enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm also waiting for this one even though I don't watch Scandal :) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That synopsis is very intriguing! Enjoy when you read it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I haven't heard of this book, but wow does it sound awesome! I've actually never seen Scandal but it says perfect for fans of Heist Society which I loved, so I'm totally sold on this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I haven't seen Scandal, but this one is my my TBR list for sure. It sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat? That was the first thing I thought when I saw the title. SCANDAL *-* I've never read the PLL-series (just watched it on and off haha) but this seems like a very interesting pick! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beach Reads In August Giveaway Hop

I am so excited to be participating another giveaway hop, hosted by one of my favorite bloggers, Stuck in Books ! Step One:  You get to choose  ONE  of my favorite beach reads books (above and each image is linked to the  goodreads  description) as a physical book or an ebook.  If the book you choose is part of a series, you can choose any book in that series.   If you choose the ebook option for the  Love Me With Lies series , you will get all three books in the series! Step Two:   Open Internationally as long as the Book Depository ships to you or you can receive an ebook! Step Three : Enter in the Rafflecopter below!  Good luck! a Rafflecopter giveaway Check out the other participating blogs for more chances to win!

Snowed In? So Read Giveaway Hop!!

I am so excited to be participating in another giveaway hop, hosted by one of my favorite bloggers, Stuck in Books ! Step One:  You get to choose  ONE  of my favorite books (above and each image is linked to the goodreads description) as a physical book or an ebook.  If the book you choose is part of a series, you can choose any book in that series.   If you choose the ebook option for the  Love Me With Lies series , you will get all three books in the series! Step Two:   Open Internationally as long as the Book Depository ships to you or you can receive an ebook! Step Three : Enter in the Rafflecopter below!  Good luck! a Rafflecopter giveaway Check out the other participating blogs for more chances to win!

Conversations With Myself (& Hopefully You): Should There Be ARCs?

First of all, thank you SO much for reading my very first "discussion" post .  The response was so amazing and I am so grateful to each and every one of you that took the time to read it.  I would like to preface my next discussion post in the same way -- nothing is new and I'm sure that this topic has been discussed by someone, somewhere but this is what is on my mind: SHOULD THERE BE ARCs? Truly, not everything I think about and write about is regarding Maggie Stiefvater's epic series, The Raven Cycle , but it just so happens that this discussion post will mention this series, too.   Those of us that are obsessed with this series (like me) know that there will not be any ARCs for the highly (HIGHLY) anticipated last book of this series, The Raven King . There will be no ARCs (advanced reader copies). Y'all are just going to have to trust me. https://t.co/xYDv0q1tXN — Maggie Stiefvater (@mstiefvater) December 5, 2015 Oddly, I think this ...