Skip to main content

Review: Encore Performance by Leila Sales



Blurb from Goodreads:
Emmy Gold—frontwoman of an indie-sleaze breakout band who’s since gone solo—can write a hit song in her sleep. Now, while back on tour with her former collaborator and crush Bishop, she’s finding out if she can rewrite her past.

Deja View, an iconic indie band that released one perfect album two decades ago, broke up after the lead singer, Emmy, slept with the bassist, Bishop—an affair that, for her, was the culmination of years of yearning and, for him, seemed to be just another Wednesday. Since then, Emmy has gone on to a successful career as a singer-songwriter, one who never revisits her past until an anniversary tour to support their drummer’s medical bills forces her to reckon with who she and Bishop once were, and who they have since become.
My Review:

I have (and will) read every 831 Stories romance!  They are all perfect for these modern times, a breath of fresh aire -- fun, steamy and present. This one by Leila Sales is no exception - I appreciated the age of the characters, the complexities and the ending! I have to say again: if you like romance and haven't read any 831 Stories, what are you waiting for?! These books are all so good, so modern and just perfect.... give them a try!!

Encore Performance comes out next week on October 13, 2026, and you can purchase HERE!  
I used to rationalize to myself that if I hooked up with Bishop Ward-which was something I would imagine often, as I tried to fall asleep at night or waited for water to boil and pictured his hands and his skin and his mouth-then I would become just one of them. And they were a dime a dozen, infinitely replaceable. By not sleeping with him, I was, in Bishop's world, unique. I was valuable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beach Reads In August Giveaway Hop

I am so excited to be participating another giveaway hop, hosted by one of my favorite bloggers, Stuck in Books ! Step One:  You get to choose  ONE  of my favorite beach reads books (above and each image is linked to the  goodreads  description) as a physical book or an ebook.  If the book you choose is part of a series, you can choose any book in that series.   If you choose the ebook option for the  Love Me With Lies series , you will get all three books in the series! Step Two:   Open Internationally as long as the Book Depository ships to you or you can receive an ebook! Step Three : Enter in the Rafflecopter below!  Good luck! a Rafflecopter giveaway Check out the other participating blogs for more chances to win!

Snowed In? So Read Giveaway Hop!!

I am so excited to be participating in another giveaway hop, hosted by one of my favorite bloggers, Stuck in Books ! Step One:  You get to choose  ONE  of my favorite books (above and each image is linked to the goodreads description) as a physical book or an ebook.  If the book you choose is part of a series, you can choose any book in that series.   If you choose the ebook option for the  Love Me With Lies series , you will get all three books in the series! Step Two:   Open Internationally as long as the Book Depository ships to you or you can receive an ebook! Step Three : Enter in the Rafflecopter below!  Good luck! a Rafflecopter giveaway Check out the other participating blogs for more chances to win!

Conversations With Myself (& Hopefully You): Should There Be ARCs?

First of all, thank you SO much for reading my very first "discussion" post .  The response was so amazing and I am so grateful to each and every one of you that took the time to read it.  I would like to preface my next discussion post in the same way -- nothing is new and I'm sure that this topic has been discussed by someone, somewhere but this is what is on my mind: SHOULD THERE BE ARCs? Truly, not everything I think about and write about is regarding Maggie Stiefvater's epic series, The Raven Cycle , but it just so happens that this discussion post will mention this series, too.   Those of us that are obsessed with this series (like me) know that there will not be any ARCs for the highly (HIGHLY) anticipated last book of this series, The Raven King . There will be no ARCs (advanced reader copies). Y'all are just going to have to trust me. https://t.co/xYDv0q1tXN — Maggie Stiefvater (@mstiefvater) December 5, 2015 Oddly, I think this ...