Skip to main content

Review: Vinyl Resting Place (Record Shop Mystery #1) by Olivia Blacke



Blurb from Goodreads:
First in a new series by Olivia Blacke, Vinyl Resting Place follows three sisters who discover that opening a family business can be murder.

When Juni Jessup and her sisters Tansy and Maggie put all their beans in one basket to open Sip & Spin Records, a record-slash-coffee shop in Cedar River, Texas, they knew there could be some scratches on the track, but no one was expecting to find a body deader than disco in the supply closet.

Family is everything to the Jessups, so when their uncle is arrested by Juni’s heartbreaking ex on suspicion of murder, the sisters don’t skip a beat putting Sip & Spin up for bail collateral. But their tune changes abruptly when Uncle Calvin disappears, leaving them in a grind. With their uncle’s freedom and the future of their small business on the line, it’s up to Juni and her sisters to get in the groove and figure out whodunit before the killer’s trail—and the coffee—goes cold.

Music and mocha seem like a blend that should be “Knockin' On Heaven's Door,” but caught up in a murder investigation with her family and their life savings on the line, Juni wonders if she might be on the "Highway to Hell" instead.
 
I will definitely be adding this new cozy mystery series to my pile of cozy mysteries in which I read every new book in the series, every year!  This was fun and set outside of Austin, Texas, where the Jessup family continues the family business of a record shop but has added coffee to the mix, too.  I feel I still have a lot to learn about Juni, the MC, but I really liked her world, the store and will look forward to her solving more mysteries in future books.  Definitely add this one to your TBR pile!

Vinyl Resting Place comes out next week on December 27, 2022 and you can purchase HERE.  
The best part about working for the family business is that they can't fire me without causing all sorts of unwanted drama.  The worst part is I can't ever quit, not unless I want to hear about it every single Thanksgiving for the rest of my life—although I would put up with a whole lot for a plateful of Uncle Calvin's deep-fried turkey. And as a bonus, at the family record shop I get to work with my two older sisters.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beach Reads In August Giveaway Hop

I am so excited to be participating another giveaway hop, hosted by one of my favorite bloggers, Stuck in Books ! Step One:  You get to choose  ONE  of my favorite beach reads books (above and each image is linked to the  goodreads  description) as a physical book or an ebook.  If the book you choose is part of a series, you can choose any book in that series.   If you choose the ebook option for the  Love Me With Lies series , you will get all three books in the series! Step Two:   Open Internationally as long as the Book Depository ships to you or you can receive an ebook! Step Three : Enter in the Rafflecopter below!  Good luck! a Rafflecopter giveaway Check out the other participating blogs for more chances to win!

Snowed In? So Read Giveaway Hop!!

I am so excited to be participating in another giveaway hop, hosted by one of my favorite bloggers, Stuck in Books ! Step One:  You get to choose  ONE  of my favorite books (above and each image is linked to the goodreads description) as a physical book or an ebook.  If the book you choose is part of a series, you can choose any book in that series.   If you choose the ebook option for the  Love Me With Lies series , you will get all three books in the series! Step Two:   Open Internationally as long as the Book Depository ships to you or you can receive an ebook! Step Three : Enter in the Rafflecopter below!  Good luck! a Rafflecopter giveaway Check out the other participating blogs for more chances to win!

Conversations With Myself (& Hopefully You): Should There Be ARCs?

First of all, thank you SO much for reading my very first "discussion" post .  The response was so amazing and I am so grateful to each and every one of you that took the time to read it.  I would like to preface my next discussion post in the same way -- nothing is new and I'm sure that this topic has been discussed by someone, somewhere but this is what is on my mind: SHOULD THERE BE ARCs? Truly, not everything I think about and write about is regarding Maggie Stiefvater's epic series, The Raven Cycle , but it just so happens that this discussion post will mention this series, too.   Those of us that are obsessed with this series (like me) know that there will not be any ARCs for the highly (HIGHLY) anticipated last book of this series, The Raven King . There will be no ARCs (advanced reader copies). Y'all are just going to have to trust me. https://t.co/xYDv0q1tXN — Maggie Stiefvater (@mstiefvater) December 5, 2015 Oddly, I think this ...