Skip to main content

Review: Happy Girl Lucky (The Valentines #1) by Holly Smale



Blurb from Goodreads:
Sisters Hope, Faith and Mercy have everything: fame, success, money and beauty. But what Hope wants most of all is love, and it doesn’t matter how far she has to go to find it.

Except real-life isn't like the movies. Even if you're a Valentine .
My Review:
 
I usually really like YA books involving becoming famous or being related to someone famous (See Spoiled; Not in the Script; Between the Lines) but this one was a bit odd.  At first, I couldn't figure out Hope -- she had almost too rich of an internal life.  If you are ok with the character fantasizing for the majority of the book versus actually living, then this may be the book for you.  I am curious what the other books in the series will be like (presumably about the other siblings) but this one just wasn't my favorite even though it had its glamorous moments.

Happy Girl Lucky came out earlier this month on February 2, 2021 and you can purchase HERE.  
It's not me, I know that.
There's no way this wild wailing is coming from my mouth.  
I've practised crying in front of a mirror, and my tears are beautiful. They're small, neat crystals; they trickle one at a time down my left cheek, shiny and devastating for my audience. 
My eyes are eloquent and sparkling. Maybe my chin wobbles sweetly -- the tragedy! -- and a quiet but dignified sob catches in my throat as I turn with self-control towards a window just in time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beach Reads In August Giveaway Hop

I am so excited to be participating another giveaway hop, hosted by one of my favorite bloggers, Stuck in Books ! Step One:  You get to choose  ONE  of my favorite beach reads books (above and each image is linked to the  goodreads  description) as a physical book or an ebook.  If the book you choose is part of a series, you can choose any book in that series.   If you choose the ebook option for the  Love Me With Lies series , you will get all three books in the series! Step Two:   Open Internationally as long as the Book Depository ships to you or you can receive an ebook! Step Three : Enter in the Rafflecopter below!  Good luck! a Rafflecopter giveaway Check out the other participating blogs for more chances to win!

Snowed In? So Read Giveaway Hop!!

I am so excited to be participating in another giveaway hop, hosted by one of my favorite bloggers, Stuck in Books ! Step One:  You get to choose  ONE  of my favorite books (above and each image is linked to the goodreads description) as a physical book or an ebook.  If the book you choose is part of a series, you can choose any book in that series.   If you choose the ebook option for the  Love Me With Lies series , you will get all three books in the series! Step Two:   Open Internationally as long as the Book Depository ships to you or you can receive an ebook! Step Three : Enter in the Rafflecopter below!  Good luck! a Rafflecopter giveaway Check out the other participating blogs for more chances to win!

Conversations With Myself (& Hopefully You): Should There Be ARCs?

First of all, thank you SO much for reading my very first "discussion" post .  The response was so amazing and I am so grateful to each and every one of you that took the time to read it.  I would like to preface my next discussion post in the same way -- nothing is new and I'm sure that this topic has been discussed by someone, somewhere but this is what is on my mind: SHOULD THERE BE ARCs? Truly, not everything I think about and write about is regarding Maggie Stiefvater's epic series, The Raven Cycle , but it just so happens that this discussion post will mention this series, too.   Those of us that are obsessed with this series (like me) know that there will not be any ARCs for the highly (HIGHLY) anticipated last book of this series, The Raven King . There will be no ARCs (advanced reader copies). Y'all are just going to have to trust me. https://t.co/xYDv0q1tXN — Maggie Stiefvater (@mstiefvater) December 5, 2015 Oddly, I think this ...